Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We need to find one that is rarely used, so all of us can monitor it to hear what everyone is doing, without all the crap on Channel 16!

I know we have some major VHF addicts out there who are familiar with all the various channels. (MANANA?)

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Instigator,

Great idea, I used to do this with a bunch of peeps where I used to boat. It made it much easier to hook up on the Lake...

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now that we ALL AGREE that it's a great idea
, let's hear some SUGGESTIONS!!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Apr 30 2003, 09:42 AM)We need to find one that is rarely used, so all of us can monitor it to hear what everyone is doing, without all the crap on Channel 16!

I know we have some major VHF addicts out there who are familiar with all the various channels. (MANANA?)
Well I wouldn't say that I am an addict INSTIGATOR...but the radio is always interesting hearing the SOS calls and police reports. If my memory serves me right there a couple of channels that come to mind.

CH 69 or CH 72 are always good selections but know that many boaters suggest those 2 channels after raising thier party on CH 16...which by the way...Channel 16 SHOULD NOT BE USED FOR THAT PURPOSE ANYMORE. It was suggested in previous posts that CH 69 would be a good source for all of us to monitor. I agree. Over the years the radio has calmed down quite a bit with cell phones taking the place of ship to shore radio's. INSTIGATOR and I always let the legend live on so to speak.... of the ship to shore radio being part of boating, besides.... I HATE MY CELL PHONE!

Just an FYI...

CH 9 is for hailing other boaters and dockage requests for some marina's...NOT ALL

CH 16 is for the obviuos

CH14 is Macomb County Sheriff

CH19 is often used by Marine Salvage

CH 21 and CH 22 is USCG

CH 86...I think is USCG...????? ask Mr. Big to confirm

I may be off on my channels so please forgive me if I have made an error. Please offer any corrections or further input.

Anyway...I say CH "69"....69 is GOOD

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
QUOTE(Loud454 @ Apr 30 2003, 11:03 AM)"HA-HA-HA-ha-ha-ha......sixttttty-nine!!!...."
See what I mean? LOUD gets it. How could we forget the gosh darn "69"....THANK YOU 69
...69 it should be...YES??? NO????

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know 69 has been the standby for the Muscamoot gang for years, so it does seem a natural!

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Apr 30 2003, 11:24 AM)I know 69 has been the standby for the Muscamoot gang for years, so it does seem a natural!
There you are...I thought you left. Anyway, YES it does seem natural. Its fun, its easy, and just think you will never forget it. I am talking about CH 69

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Mr. Big @ Apr 30 2003, 01:18 PM)69 Dude! (Bill and Teds excellent adventure, I think)
Yup!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts