Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im torn about what to do as far as , should i get a trolling plate or spend the $ on kicker,and with the kicker you must buy a jack plate, So now your talking some good dollers,,, and also how affective are trolling plate's and are they practical,,,, just can't get slow enough........ any suggestion's......Thank's

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
O sorry that might help, its a 17.5 deep V (Lowe) and i got a 90 Yamaha on it, like i said it moves a little to fast at a idle.......Eye's have a hard time catching up..........

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
That boat is fine for a plate. Do you have an electric on it? If you do a kicker is not needed at all. Bob

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
You know what they say madman; Great minds. Bob

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
You can always try trolling bags too. Tie one to each front cleet. Some people use 5 gallon buckets to do this too. I use my Minn Kota to troll slow enough for `eyes and if the wind is too bad to make this way effective i use a wind sock connected to a ski rope harness. I idle with the big motor, (Merc 150 EFI) and steer with the auto pilot on the Minn Kota. Works great.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey fellows thanks for the input, for some reason i did not even consider a bag, dam why did i not think of that,,,,,,again thanks.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Ripping, That`s what this site is all about. Helping, and or learning. C-ya on the pond. The Czarbarge, channel #68

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Czar I also #68, Give a holler ( Low One ) out just about every weekend once or twice during the week........talk at ya

1 - 12 of 12 Posts