Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's the scenario...

Driving through Harrison Township looking at homes yesterday... pulled over to the side of the road which was just as level as the road itself (so I thought) to let someone by.... next thing I know, I'm in the air, front right tire way down low, so low that my back left tire wasn't even on the ground!... what the [email protected]#$ happened... I could have sworn I was driving on solid ground.

Manage to get out, however, had to fall out of the passenger side... step down, before i knew it was knee deep in a mud.... the side of the road is very deceiving, little bit of grass mixed with straw... but nothing solid whatsoever... almost like quicksand.

called the city, called macomb county road commission... no one wants to take responsibility for damages.. don't you think someone should be???

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
laughing.. reading back.. was sounding a little dramatic about the falling out of the car part..

will do rf.. thanks... they're sending people out now to look at it... still, they told me to put a claim through auto insurance, and thats crap.. crap i tell ya!!!...
... its war now..they're paying!!....

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
You do have a CONSISTENT run of bad luck missy!!

Sorry about the car, but the description did make me laugh... only cause you are this little hot thang... and I can't imagine the mud to the knee bit!

btw, you may have already driven around out there, and I don't know if two or one incomes are going into the house, but there are TONS of homes for sale out by Lakeshore, Archer, etc... around 300 asking for one or two...

It's also nice out by Waterlogged's behind DBrothers on North River Rd.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
Cgirl, sorry to hear about your luck. Where exactly did this take place? Just wondering incase I'm out that way... I'll know where NOT to drive.
Good luck with the house hunting. I know a good mortgage person if you need one.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
You poor thing C-girl!! Hope your okay!!

Was this anywhere near Moneyshot's new home?

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(pauligan @ Jun 3 2003, 10:43 AM)You do have a CONSISTENT run of bad luck missy!!
tell me about it!, silently repeating to myself over and over again > that which does not kill me.......

funny focker you too brinik...

focker, best not be talking about you're fruity budddy...

Dawniedawn, not near Moneyshots, but am looking at a house there today..... it was just north of metro, east of lanse creuse...on a street called Hazel... STAY AWAY!!!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
That's right where they have done all the new sewer excavation. The company is obligated to back-fill and compact the dirt, or put up a soft shoulder warning sign.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Sort of. I'm at 16 and Harper, but I am a member of the Eagles right there on South River and have seen the work being done. C girl, I believe Harrison Twp. has their own engineer and they could make a determination that the fill had not been compacted to specs. I know the township supervisor, if they try to give you the run around.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(Taxman @ Jun 3 2003, 11:33 AM)call you insurance co

last resort taxman... I just don't think it fair to have to pay the deductible and make a claim...

going to exude my hidden assertiveness and make a stand on this one first!!!....
mere principle sake now, mostly because of the attitude i received when i called.. the answer I got was - well - you shouldn't be driving off the road!///

thanks rfd... will let you know if i need him...

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Sorry to hear your misfortune, CG....

That is total bs on the city and counties behalf! I think rfdeiter has the best advice, too......why should you have to claim it on your insurance and raise your rates....

I hope everything works out for you and they take responsibility for it.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ Jun 3 2003, 10:41 AM)QUOTE(Taxman @ Jun 3 2003, 11:33 AM) call you insurance co

last resort taxman... I just don't think it fair to have to pay the deductible and make a claim...

going to exude my hidden assertiveness and make a stand on this one first!!!....
mere principle sake now, mostly because of the attitude i received when i called.. the answer I got was - well - you shouldn't be driving off the road!///

thanks rfd... will let you know if i need him...

Call them anyway. Tell them what happened. Maybe they will wave te deductible and go after the construction company.
If you are like me you pay them too much already. Make them work for you.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I know how ya feel Cgirl! That's right by our house and we have been in sewer HELL for the last two months! The road is either a mudpit or a desert. They are finally starting to put things back to normal, but they probably won't redo the Sub road until late June or early July. There are about four houses for sale near us (Duluth Street / Sylvia Street) if your out looking. We are on Duluth Street near the back (lot to the right of the 50 ft Christ Craft Woodie). Stop in and say "Hi"!

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Hazel is the street Kid Rocks guitar player, Jason lives on... You could be the neighbor of a celebrity! Now are you really gonna let a little mud bother you?

My next door neighbors just put there place up for sale. Nice updated, 1960's, 1400 sq. ft. water front ranch with 75 feet of water frontage, 2 cut in boatwells (one of them covered) + wall dockage Deep wide canal in Chesterfield. I think their asking around 300K.

The empty lot next to their house is for sale as well. I heard they were asking about 160K for the lot. 75 X 110... Nice lot...

We need to turn Field street into an LSCN only street! Imagine the parties we could have!

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ Jun 3 2003, 09:25 AM)called the city, called macomb county road commission... no one wants to take responsibility for damages.. don't you think someone should be???
Feel a little sometin like this?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts