1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
dress like eskimos and eat cockroaches?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Oh my god!!!!!!! 5 billion years!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd better start stocking up on canned goods, matches and batteries now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(samson @ Feb 7 2004, 11:38 AM)Oh my god!!!!!!! 5 billion years!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd better start stocking up on canned goods, matches and batteries now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my thoughts exactly. I took this from a NASA website. People actually seemed concerned about it.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Heck, if the human race hasn't figured out how to travel to the far reaches of at least "our" galaxy and how to live on other planets by then..........well, WE'RE SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
buy a flashlight i guess.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
probably withina billion years left. all life on earth will dissappear, due to extreme cold frozen conditions.
but who cares, we live to what 80, kids 80, grand kid 80, thats 160 years.
like .00000000000000016% of the remaining suns expectancy.

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
QUOTE(sidelite @ Feb 7 2004, 11:33 AM)Hey Professor Hazy.... doesn't your brain ache sometimes ... thinking so much all the time??

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
just toss a couple hot coals on jupiter and spark it up like a bar-b-que!
just like the movie 2010. Of course we'll have to move the Earth and the moon but it'll be cake by that time.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I don't think we have anything to worry about. I'm sure humans will make themselves extinct LONG before then.

·
AKA: Veronique
1,218 Posts
sidelite - Thats why I picked him! Because he thinks so much - I'm the same way, you should see some of our discussions...

Snow - I totally agree

P.S. Here is a cool article that explains how a star dies - article

The sun gets it's energy from nuclear fusion (fusing hydrogen into helium) The sun actually contains enough hydrogen to last 100 billion years but not all of the hydrogen would get converted because in reality on ly the central 10% of the sun's mass is hot/dense enough for the reactions to occur.

So, 10% of 100 billion is 10 billion years for the lifespan of the average star, in about 5 million years though life on earth will become impossible because our sun will start expanding into a red giant and become large enough to almost swallow our planet

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
very interesting article, Cassie. Thanks for sharing it....

Life it too short....Enjoy it while you can......and don't worry about the sun
There isn't a thing anybody could do anyway....except move to another planet.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
QUOTE(samson @ Feb 7 2004, 10:38 AM)Oh my god!!!!!!! 5 billion years!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont forget the duck tape to seal your doors and windows. That will help in keeping out the high heat, posion gases and any type of simutanious (sp?) terroist attack.

·
AKA: Veronique
1,218 Posts
QUOTE(samson @ Feb 7 2004, 10:47 AM)Heck, if the human race hasn't figured out how to travel to the far reaches of at least "our" galaxy and how to live on other planets by then..........well, WE'RE SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!

I thought this was appropriate...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts