Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· AKA: Veronique
762 Posts
sidelite - Thats why I picked him! Because he thinks so much - I'm the same way, you should see some of our discussions...

Snow - I totally agree

P.S. Here is a cool article that explains how a star dies - article

The sun gets it's energy from nuclear fusion (fusing hydrogen into helium) The sun actually contains enough hydrogen to last 100 billion years but not all of the hydrogen would get converted because in reality on ly the central 10% of the sun's mass is hot/dense enough for the reactions to occur.

So, 10% of 100 billion is 10 billion years for the lifespan of the average star, in about 5 million years though life on earth will become impossible because our sun will start expanding into a red giant and become large enough to almost swallow our planet

· AKA: Veronique
762 Posts
QUOTE(samson @ Feb 7 2004, 10:47 AM)Heck, if the human race hasn't figured out how to travel to the far reaches of at least "our" galaxy and how to live on other planets by then..........well, WE'RE SCREWED!!!!!!!!!!

I thought this was appropriate...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.