Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally decided on a boat name, then today I get a call from a friend going down the Clinton River. He proceeds to tell me that he just passed a boat named exactly what I was going to use.

I have already started talking to a graphics place and got the ball rolling. Now do I still use the name or come up with something else?

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(Mark @ Jun 10 2009, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Back to the drawing board.
Yeah, that's probably the best bet.

Bummer.

·
Registered
761 Posts
If you want a little wiggle room, post it here and maybe someone will tell you it's his cousin's boat who's only here from Florida for a month. Then you'd still kinda have dibs...

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
Can you change the spelling or do different graphics? Plenty of boats have the same name. It can get confusing on the radio, so try to go a little different.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
You could do like the artist formally known as Prince did, and use a symbol which as no verbal equivalent.

j/k

Good luck!

·
Registered
121 Posts
QUOTE(Jazzy405 @ Jun 10 2009, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Can you change the spelling or do different graphics? Plenty of boats have the same name. It can get confusing on the radio, so try to go a little different.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(itstyme2change @ Jun 10 2009, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>my standard answer to the question is......

run away and join the circus

I thought the universal answer to all questions is Beer and Hookers.

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(itstyme2change @ Jun 10 2009, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Away Point @ Jun 10 2009, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(itstyme2change @ Jun 10 2009, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>my standard answer to the question is......

run away and join the circus

I thought the universal answer to all questions is Beer and Hookers.

hookers and beer = circus

Good point!

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
Sell the boat

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good thing I still have my second choice handy. Now to get things rolling on it.

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
QUOTE(ShiverMeTimbers @ Jun 11 2009, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good thing I still have my second choice handy. Now to get things rolling on it.
Don't you want to ask here if anybody has seen a boat with the same name?

Just to be safe?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts