Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.k., I am going to be honest.

Watch a movie yesterday after The Bare Naked Ladies concert.
The title of the movie was " A Walk to Remember"
I cried my eyes out. So there is a question to be asked.

If you found that right one, the love of your life.
And you found out that, the person you are in love with has a short time to live. Would you ask the question to marry or not?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I have not seen that movie, guess I will have to.

I am a hopeless romantic so I vote on marrying that person.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I got married when I was in college. She got killed in a car accident. Saw that movie, makes me cherish every moment I had with Ellie. Even if I had known her fate, I would have married her anyway. No has touched my heart since...

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
That totally sucks damn yankee, sorry to hear that. I guess I would ask her to marry me.

·
Registered
741 Posts
A big YES!!! Because anyone who knows what true love is would do the same as he did in the movie. Yes she had only a short time to live but they lived at least the rest of her life together. Like the old sane goes "It's better to love than never love at all". Something like that anyways. "You gotta get it while the gettings good."
I not sure if this movie counts as just a girl movie. If it does - Oh Well. I'm very secure with my sexuality

They don't call be WETBOX for nothin'!!!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Sorry about your loss Damn Yankee. There is never enough words that can be said about losing someone you love.
Just hope your healing can be less painful.

·
Registered
741 Posts
That movie really touches alot of people. It really hurts to watch if you've lost someone really close to you. Spouse, parent, sister or brother and close friends.
When It's on TV I find myself keep turning back to that channel. I don't want to get too depressed so I'll keep turning the channel back and forth. It doesn't work though.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
QUOTE(MrsSunbum @ Oct 27 2003, 07:59 PM)And thats why you love us!

I'm learning to, MrsSunbum. Understand, us New Englanders are slow to call ANYONE their friend, even slower to show that we care. True friends are very rare, and I think that the meaning of friendship get lost all too often. Lotta people think I'm kinda cold, but I'm not. I just take friendship/relationships very seriously. If I call you my friend, I mean it, and your in my life for good.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
I'm a hopeless romantic and would marry them also!

Damn Yankee- thanks for sharing w/ us- I'm sure alot of us will learn how important it is to cherish each other

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
if i knew someone wasn't going to be here a long time i sure as hell wouldn't want to spend the time i had left planning a wedding.

spend every second i could with that person...yes

fight about everything planning a wedding... no

I learned about not knowing what can happen. i was driving to work last November 26, i hit someone with my car. The person died, it was only blocks from my house. i think about it every day, i will never forget his name or that night. It turned out to be a good friends uncle, that made it even worse. I learned one thing that day, nothing here is for sure. it changed the way i look at many things. i've tried to clear things i've done wrong in the past. But i do know one thing, i will not let anyone bring me down. i live for now, not for the future.

·
Registered
741 Posts
My brother killed himself when I was twenty. Eleven years ago. I still think of him every day! Sometime a hear a song and wonder if he would have liked it or not. He was really into music. I think of what he would be doing right now. He was only 22 when he decided to take his life. What a waist of life. So I try to live my life to the fullest! Have too. That's the only way to live in my book of life. I try to surround myself with great people like the members of this group. You know - Happy People.

Sorry to get off the topic. I still think it's a great movie.
Damn that Mandy Moore has some talent. She can sing and now act with the best of them. That's putting a life to very good use and not wasting it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts