Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent a rather large sum of money at the local Party store a few weeks back, $256.89 to be exact. Paid by check.

As I returned to my car I realised that I still had the check in my hand. I would have been free and clear to walk away basically with 256.00 in free booze. There was no way to track me down, the only consequence would be that I'd not be able to go back to that store again.

What would you have done?

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
I would have went back and paid them. I wouldn't want to deal with the karma...

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
WOULD HAVE WENT BACK IN AND BOUGHT 256.00 MORE IN BOOZE

really would have went back in as you did. that way you dont have to worry what comes around goes around stuff.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Yup, the right thing to do was to go back in and pay. The other day, I filled up my truck with gas, got back in and pulled away, forgetting to pay. 10 minutes go by and I finally realized what I just did. Well, I turned around and went back and paid them. The girl running the place was very, very relieved when I came back. That's all that I needed to tell me that I did the right thing.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Honestly, if I would have walked out accidently with a bad of chips or something I would have kept on going. (I know I am a horrible being) But $260-that amount I would have walked right back into the store!!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'd have to go back.

I know of an instance where a Sams Club cashier lost her job because she missed some items when she cashed out a customer. Sams Club even garnished her wages for what she missed.

I couldn't take the bad Karma associated with that.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I would think about how it felt the last time I got riped off. Then go back and do the right thing.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
went back and pay also would feel badly if counter person had to pay out of there check or got fired because of it.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
ALWAYS REMEMBER KARMA!!!!!!!!

what goes around comes around!!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
Funny you should bring this up...Yesterday I was at Mr. C's on Harper getting some lotto tix and I found a $10.00 bill on the floor in front of the counter. You'd of thought it was a hundie or something. I did what any human being would of done that was in the process of buying lotto tix - I bought $10.00 more worth of tix

Now a check for hundreds of dollas - I'd of brought it back too. It'd be the right thing to do, and a morally comfortable decision as well.

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
I agree with the rest of the peeps. Just couldn't do it.

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
I would have gone back in also doing the right thing is best..........BTW thats a big party store bill where is the party hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I did go back in almost just as soon as I realised it... but can't deny the thought of driving away didn't cross my mind at all..

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I would of went back in and asked if he had $256 in singles.....than took my booze and stack of singles to the strip bar.
Now that's the American way!

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I would go back in and give the cashier the check. Its the right thing to do.

Not to mention that when the cashier cashes out at the end of the day and is short $256.00, chances are they will remember the sale, play back the video surveillance tape, catch my face on the monitor and then call the local police for stealing from their store. I sure would hate to go to the post office and see my face looking back at me from the poster on the wall "WANTED - Booze Thief"

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I would have went right back into the store. I'm too honest Mel tells me. If I find a dollar I look for the rightful owner! Guess I just hate theives!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts