Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys think is the best time to musky fish is it in the early morning? late morning? what about at night? does anybody try for them at night?

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
skie-bum: Back in the 70s I did a big research into the times Muskie hit the best and breaking it into 8 hour periods ie 6AM to 2PM 2PM to 8PM 8PM to 6AM. With almost 15.000 fish there was less than 1000 difference in the amount taken in any 8 hour period. I felt that the reason for this was that in Wisconsin and Minnisota that a lot of night fishing is done because of the pressure on the Muskie lakes during daylight hours. I know you can catch Muskie on Lake St Clair at night but few try it. Homer LeBlanc always said from 10 AM til 2PM was the best time and 1 30PM was his favorite period at least that is what he told me. Hope this helps. Oh by the way the best lure by far was a black silver bladed Buck Tail. Bob

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
QUOTE(muskiebobsr @ Jul 8 2004, 08:05 AM)skie-bum: Back in the 70s I did a big research into the times Muskie hit the best and breaking it into 8 hour periods ie 6AM to 2PM 2PM to 8PM 8PM to 6AM. With almost 15.000 fish there was less than 1000 difference in the amount taken in any 8 hour period. I felt that the reason for this was that in Wisconsin and Minnisota that a lot of night fishing is done because of the pressure on the Muskie lakes during daylight hours. I know you can catch Muskie on Lake St Clair at night but few try it. Homer LeBlanc always said from 10 AM til 2PM was the best time and 1 30PM was his favorite period at least that is what he told me. Hope this helps. Oh by the way the best lure by far was a black silver bladed Buck Tail. Bob
That's why I like Musky fishing. One does not have to get up at dawn. You can stop at "lenny's" for breakfast.
Right Bob.

I consistently catch fish after 10 am. Very few before that or late afternoon. Don't fish at night so I can't speak to that. I fully agree that 10 to 2 is the prime hours from all I have read/learned and fished.

Be out there tomorrow, weather cooperating.

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts