Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having been up there 4 years in a row and seeing the weather change every time, I would like to know what the "normal" pattern is up there. Down here in Cincinnati, our weather typically moves in from the southwest. South, southwest and westerly winds are the norm. When we get a wind direction change, the fishing really dies. ( Heck, down here it ain't much anyway. So when it dies, IT STINKS.) I've been up there through south, west, north and east winds but have still managed fish. I will be there next weekend for a trip and see the wind direction changing as the weekend progresses. Does it have an effect up there like it does down here? I have caught LMs up there in a stiff East wind before, but down here you may as well stay home.

What effect will it have? Thanks guys- you have a great forum here and a great lake. I appreciate the info you post here and have made St. Clair an annual pilgrimmage. LOL

UFM82

Attachments

·
Registered
235 Posts
UFM82,

Welcome!

Normal Weather, whats that? It's been so long since we've seen normal weather. We've been stuck in a weather pattern for the past 6 to 7 weeks that has generated abnormal amounts of rain. We average about 3" of rain per month but in May we saw over 8" and I believe we are close to 3" for June so far. All these storms bring wind shifts as you can imagine. The lake has been pretty turbid but is clearing up. On the bright side, lake levels are up almost a foot over last year.

As far as impact on fishing, check out the posts as it varies from day to day. Bass season opens Saturday so expect to see some results over the weekend.

Oh yea, one more thing, Fishfly hatch has begun.

Happy Fishing - Capt'n Paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts