Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been bugging my best fishing bud to take me out for Steelhead on Erie so I finally got my chance since I've been on vacation all week. We headed out to Wheatly Saturday morning and was on the water around 6am from pulling an all nighter at a buddies Keg party lol Thank god the lake was as calm as could be. The launch was lined up with 9 or so boats lol but we only waited about 15 minutes and then we were off.
Cloud Water Sky Fluid Sunlight

On the boat was the Captain (my buddies friend), my best fishing bud (dew-rag), his wife, another great fishing bud and myself. This was the first time I have gone out and went for Steelies using downriggers,etc..but I caught on pretty quick and I was settin' back lines on the riggers and dipseys after a quick demo from the Captain. The boat was a 20foot something lol but it handled great out there. We set 2 outside dipseys and one down the middle, and 4 inner rigger rods and all ran small spools. I can't remember all the silly names for them, but Blueberry Muffin did pretty good for us. Watermelon, Perch, and one that looked like Wonderbread but with a silver background also produced.
Water Sky Boat Watercraft Body of water

We ran out about 7 miles and stayed between 60-65 fow. We ran the riggers anywhere from 30-43 feet down and let out between 105-138 feet of line on the riggers or dipseys. It almost seemed like we had a more consistant bite towards the middle of the afternoon running the lines higher up then running them at the 35-43 foot depths in the morning...because around 9-10am the bite slowed a bit and we were only getting a fish every 30min or so. We did a lot of searching, but it seemed like everytime we went over this one waypoint, we got a fish, and I mean RIGHT over the waypoint, it was weird lol Since me and my buddies wife were the rookies, we let her take the first pole that went off and I took the next one, so we had two fish in the box by 6:30-7am.
Water Hand Arm Vertebrate Lake

Vertebrate Smile Hat Television Boat

In between 10am to 3pm the bite was here and there, but we all managed to nail some nice fish and I think we only lost 3 fish the entire trip, which isn't too bad for how many we got in the boat.
7.5lbs
Muscle Vertebrate White Outdoor recreation Smile

Vertebrate Shorts Hat Mammal Cap

9.5lbs
Sky Smile Shorts Vertebrate Boat

Water Sky Muscle Fisherman Body of water

Pretty sure she caught the biggest of the day, but never weighed it.
Smile Vertebrate Sunglasses Tartan Watch

Water Boat Sky Vertebrate Fisherman

Water Sky Boat Smile Hat

Water Boat Muscle Shorts Watercraft

All in all we left with 10 Steelies in the box. Not too bad of a trip with only 4 shitheads the entire trip....but I was hoping for at least a couple Walleye, but we never hit any of them
I am definately hooked on these babies and can't wait to do it again.
Food Vertebrate Fish Seafood Grey

Water Sky Boat Naval architecture Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies

Attachments

·
Registered
583 Posts
Good report, and sweet pics!

Is that a carp you`re lickin`, or a very golden drum...

In a few weeks Im heading to the Soo for some salmon fishing. Pretty psyched, as it will be my first time. From what I hear, will be casting for them with Little Cleos, but who wouldnt want to fish with blueberry muffins! lol

·
Registered
451 Posts
Right on LMP.. I was out for some jumpers this weekend too.. we fished Erieau for 3 days (fri-sun) Out of the 3 days we ended up with 12 chromers and 5 walleye,,, also yanked in about 40 sheep this weekend. LOL

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
I would like to say this report is the best report this year. Your attention to detail and the construction of this report is PERFECT. Thanks LMP. You did good.

Nice fish and what a good time and day.

h2o

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(h2o @ Aug 17 2009, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would like to say this report is the best report this year. Your attention to detail and the construction of this report is PERFECT. Thanks LMP. You did good.

Nice fish and what a good time and day.

h2o

Thanks H2. lol I wouldn't go that far on it being the best this year, but you know I am not shy on details

Good job out there Craw!!! 40 Sheep though
LOL I guess I was the perfect amount West of you to avoid the carnage haha

·
LSCN Sponsor since March 2010
1,435 Posts
wtg looks like u had a calm day thats rare fishing over there

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Great pics! You're addicted!!!

·
3,236 Posts
Awesome report. Enjoy the eats. I miss the days of being able to pull the all nighter and still make it fishing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts