Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Truck broke on the way home from LSC Tuesday, the verdict is I need a new engine so after second and a third opinion from mechanics boom it's true so my boat will sit on the trailer all weekend instead of sitting in the moot or gull. thanks for listening to me vent.

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Can't you borrow a truck from a friend or family? Or if you're profile is up to date... put a hitch on a car and you should be able to tow a jetboat or a 20 footer.

If it comes down to it, you can probably find a $500 beater on craigslist, register it tomorrow, use it for the weekend, and list it back on craigslist for $600 on Tuesday.

Or, last resort, start calling hertz, avis, enterprise...

If it were me, I'd use a tow strap and a moped to drag my boat to the launch ramp with the tongue jack down before I called it quits on labor day weekend, especially with the weather we've had this summer.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(sleeper @ Sep 3 2009, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Can't you borrow a truck from a friend or family? Or if you're profile is up to date... put a hitch on a car and you should be able to tow a jetboat or a 20 footer.

If it comes down to it, you can probably find a $500 beater on craigslist, register it tomorrow, use it for the weekend, and list it back on craigslist for $600 on Tuesday.

If it were me, I'd use a tow strap and a moped to drag my boat to the launch ramp with the tongue jack down before I called it quits on labor day weekend, especially with the weather we've had this summer.
Oh yea! My buddy just called and He's gonna trailer it for me. Although I do like the craigslist idea

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
QUOTE(Jason W @ Sep 3 2009, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(sleeper @ Sep 3 2009, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Can't you borrow a truck from a friend or family? Or if you're profile is up to date... put a hitch on a car and you should be able to tow a jetboat or a 20 footer.

Oh yea! My buddy just called and He's gonna trailer it for me. Although I do like the craigslist idea

Maybe you could use the boat to pull your truck in to the water! Oops I mean to the lake so it doesn't feel left out...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.