Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do any of you trade your boating gear for snowmobiling gear? I live in Gaylord...snowmobiler's heaven...and just wonder if there are many of you who venture north for more outdoor fun?

Wendy

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I get up there when there's time. (and snow)
I used to stay with a friend that lived off of 4 mile Rd.
He moved last year, don't know where he lives now.
He's a fireman/paramedic up there.
I also go riding in the Alpena area, have friends that own a ranch / farm there.

Ski-Doooooo

NoCode

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
We get to Wolverine when we can. My brother lives there. We dont snowmobile though. Cross country ski when we feel up to it and there is snow. That trial north of Wolverine before Indian River is nice. Its been quite a while though since we've gone.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
A friend of mine has a cabin in Higgin's Lake and go snowmobiling throughout the winter.

Enough of this cold @ss weather talk.... lets go boating, get drunk and be somebody....

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(Taxman @ Sep 12 2003, 03:38 PM)Lake City is where it's at for me!
Joe
WAHOOOO

Fast~Eddie & Kim on the 4 wheeler
Taxman, Kristine and Carly on the Buggy behind it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I spent all of my vacation for 8 years snowmobiling in the UP, Quebec and Northern Ontario. We did some weekend riding in your area. Mostly to shake down the machines before the long runs. The last 5 years I averaged near 4000 miles a year.

I sold my winter toys and am saving for a summer toy. (see screen name).

I miss riding but I don't have the time or money to do it all. I have met some great snowmobile people and boating people. Bottom line. As I get older spending my leisure time in warm weather is more and more appealing. And there are a lot more hotties around boating.
Although I do know an Arctic Cat chick that is a lingerie model.

I kept all of my other gear and I still have friends with sleds so on occasion I get to go for a weekend.

·
Registered
530 Posts
HELL YA. got a place in grayling and am up there every possible weekend in the winter . Asa matter of fact I just pulled the motor to port the case, shave the pistons, etc. Always need to go faster. YAMAHA ALL THE WAY BABY

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey, thanks for the great replies!! Although I, too, prefer warmer weather over cold, and have always hated winters (especially up here in the damn frigid North), buying my first NEW sled last February gave me a different outlook on winter!!! As a matter of fact, just last night while sitting around my backyard bonfire with relatives, we got to talking about snowmobiling, and, not that we're pushing things...but we can't wait for our first ride!!!!
You guys really have something special here with your club and get-togethers, and I envy you all that!! Afiremen tells me often how much fun he has with this group!!!
Maybe I'll see some of you up here..when the lake freezes over.

Wendy

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Hey I might just have to come up there and see you this winter, as long as I can use your sled!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I have a place up in Harrison, during the cold months I try to get up there every other weekend, otherwise head over to Fair Haven for the races.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts