Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DETROIT -- The FBI says that despite a 6.1-percent drop in violent crime, Detroit has become the most violent city in America.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
QUOTE(MisterD @ May 25 2004, 01:53 PM)Detroit has become the most violent city in America.

Per capita Detroit always has been the most violent city.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Reminds me back when places were selling t shirts in 90 s welcome to detroit where the weak are eaten .. and had fake bullet holes on shirt.. Not something to be proud of for sure..

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Everywhere I travel . . . whenever I say I'm from Detroit I get: "did you grow up there?" I say yes, then get 'that look'!

Then, you HAVE to go into the "Oh, it's not as bad as they say!" presentation.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ May 25 2004, 02:12 PM)Everywhere I travel . . . whenever I say I'm from Detroit I get: "did you grow up there?" I say yes, then get 'that look'!

Or just say

Thats right, you got a problem with that.

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ May 25 2004, 01:12 PM)Everywhere I travel . . . whenever I say I'm from Detroit I get: "did you grow up there?" I say yes, then get 'that look'!

How true it is, I usually say I'm from the north suburbs of Detroit.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Rob @ May 25 2004, 02:33 PM)QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ May 25 2004, 01:12 PM) Everywhere I travel . . . whenever I say I'm from Detroit I get: "did you grow up there?" I say yes, then get 'that look'!

How true it is, I usually say I'm from the north suburbs of Detroit.
Ah, now I understand the name Harbor Club North...

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ May 25 2004, 01:12 PM)Everywhere I travel . . . whenever I say I'm from Detroit I get: "did you grow up there?" I say yes, then get 'that look'!

I also travel. A Lot! I get the same question, give the SAME presentation!

Then they always ask about the Red Wings

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
QUOTE(MisterD @ May 25 2004, 01:53 PM)DETROIT -- The FBI says that despite a 6.1-percent drop in violent crime, Detroit has become the most violent city in America.

YOU BETTER TAKE THAT BACK OR I'LL KICK YOUR A$$!!!

Saying your from Detroit is good for some looks and it can be quite entertaining if you play ir right.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
It seemed like for a while that someone was getting murdered everyday in Detroit about a month or so back.

You can use the "Detroit Advantage" sometimes, like "I'm from Deee-troit, you gonna mess with me???? I'll slice you!!!!

or since I am not from the Detroit area, I just say Grand Haven, but living in the Metropolitan Detroit area.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
don't look that violent from this perspective does it?

I think if all those would be murderers would get out on the water, it would sooth their souls.
Works for us don't it

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
QUOTE(Spur @ May 27 2004, 07:42 AM)don't look that violent from this perspective does it?
That's because you're safe in Canada.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts