Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to fishing on the lake and so far we have been out a bunch of times and we have only got perch and a couple of bass and thats it so can someone please give me a tip that would be great

thanks in advance

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Welcome to Lake Saint Clair Network mrhalpin22. The best thing for you to do is pick up a lake st.clair hotspots map and go from there. There at Lakeside bait and tackle on jefferson directly north of 10 mile east side of jefferson. Also what is your presentation. We'll get you on fish.

h2o<---says what are your tactic's

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well my presentation is a diawa with 8lbs test and i fish spoons and jigs and falt fish and thing like that

but i dont know what iam doing wrong we mark alot of fish on the fishfinder but none will bite so i just dont know

by the way thanks h2o

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
What are you fishing for?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i usualy fish for walleye, bass and pike and musky but sometimes when i dont feel like casting anymore i just fish yuor perch and bluegills.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Keep in mind there are alot of different kinds of fish in that lake. What you're marking on the fishfinder may be carp this time of year, getting ready to span. It's been a real, real slow spring. No one is really doing very well. I monitor the ship to shore and listen to alot of real good fishermen and they are coming up empty also. The wife and I have been out once and got 2 walleye, and really had to work for them. All the rain has really screwed things up out there. Don't give up... It can only get better. Look this over, trolling about 1.5 mph or drifting. http://utahoutdoors.com/pages/bottombouncing.htm If you have a ship to shore, turn on channel 09 and just listen to the other guys, while you fish. I've learned alot that way. If you don't have a ship to shore, just get a hand held. It's a good idea to have one anyway in case of an emergency. I got one of these a couple years ago and it works great, http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/store...roductId=142655 I've talked form the Metro Beach boat launch to bouy 26 in the shipping channel clear as a bell, in the past, to other fishermen. Good Luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts