Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone do well on the US side Friday? I wanted to go out towards the Firecracker but the lake was too rough early on for my small boat to make the trip...the lake calmed down around 10am but I ran out of crawlers. We fished the Metro/Gino's/400 Club area with no luck but a few small perch that weren't worth keeping. Didn't see or hear anyone else in that area picking anything up. I saw a lot of boats out towards the firecracker and the St. Clair Light...anybody doing well out there? I am going out again in the morning...where are those walleyes biting in LSC ?!
BP

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Trolling between B.Bouy which is about 2 miles S.W. of grassy island and strawberry island should be a hot spot for them now that the water temp is up there. Stay in 7-11 feet troll crankbaits locate some and try casting or just troll around the area you catch one in. Just go about 4 miles from B.Bouy and turn around and come back. Try Playin there that whole area holds fish this time of year. Many species in that area.

h2o<--says report how it goes

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
bripow,

We're going to try the Dumping Grounds and St. Clair Light tomorrow morning. We were going to head down to Erie, but the winds don't look like they're going to be much help for an 18' boat. I'll post how we do. My partner took a one man limit last Saturday in the Dumps. My dad was there too and nothing. It's not like it was last year at this time, but still a treat to be out on the pond with good friends.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Bripow,

I caught SM and perch using the "h2o method" out from the 400 club in 14-16 fow yesterday. Marked a lot of fish in small pods of 3-6, but it was tough to get bit. Tried most everything in my quiver until the ultralite stuff (jigs and plastics) clicked. I was having some minor motor trouble so I went in early, probably saw you out there.

Word at the Crocker dock was that the Dumping Grounds are on the ups, for what that's worth.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i gave it a whirl for a while out by B-bouy but the weed growth was killing me...was spending more time cleaning my lines than i was fishing. headed over to fair haven and trolled between marsack's pointe and the tin fish. my dad and i always trolled there when i was growing up and rarely came home with an empty cooler so i gave it a shot. landed one nice 18" walleye for my two hours of work there, red and white striped crawler harness on a 3/4 oz bottom bouncer...better than nothing. there was about a 200 yard stretch where i was marking fish by the buckets full...unfortunately i dont have a GPS unit so i wasnt able to hit that spot on my way back. saw a guy at the fair haven launch that landed a bucket full of real nice perch using minnows out in front of the NB tower.
BP

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
bripow: Were you talking about surface floating weeds?

h2o

·
Registered
53 Posts
QUOTE(bripow @ Jul 3 2004, 06:02 PM)i gave it a whirl for a while out by B-bouy but the weed growth was killing me...was spending more time cleaning my lines than i was fishing. headed over to fair haven and trolled between marsack's pointe and the tin fish. my dad and i always trolled there when i was growing up and rarely came home with an empty cooler so i gave it a shot. landed one nice 18" walleye for my two hours of work there, red and white striped crawler harness on a 3/4 oz bottom bouncer...better than nothing. there was about a 200 yard stretch where i was marking fish by the buckets full...unfortunately i dont have a GPS unit so i wasnt able to hit that spot on my way back. saw a guy at the fair haven launch that landed a bucket full of real nice perch using minnows out in front of the NB tower.
BP
I know where the Tin Fish is but where is Marsack;s Pointe?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is about 1/2 mile to the east of the Tin Fish. Large area of weeds above water that come out a few hundred yards from the shoreline.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts