Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where on st.clair are fish being the most productive, most aggressive and healthy in size? the barometer has dropped and the fishing should be picking up with this storm moving in.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I was at Cotton road today, between about 2 until dark. Got a few keepers (I only keep 6"+) and lots less than keepers. Saw a good many larger perch, but they were 'lurkers' staying about a foot away and gawking at the minnow. All fish I saw were very skittish. But they were definitely there...
At about dark, they hit more aggressively, but it was low visibility...and the bite was brief. If i had it to do over, I'd have jigged more and used bobbers and panfish hooks less, or had a spear! It was a real nice day to be out, and that always helps too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE(MOJO 63 @ Feb 9 2010, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(RapalaX-RAP @ Feb 8 2010, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Where on st.clair are fish being the most productive, most aggressive and healthy in size? the barometer has dropped and the fishing should be picking up with this storm moving in.

Went to Salt River about 1:30 Mon. Fished til dark, in front of the yellow wall in about 4 ft. of water, caught 11 large sunnies and 9 perch (9-10 inchs). Used waxes and spikes on a small pink and white jig.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts