Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I have to go to Canada to get licences to fish east side of St. Claire...fishing BFL sat. and I will be a non-boater. If my partner wants to fish over there I want to be prepaired and not have to go over Sat. nite to get licences.

thanks,
Buster

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
- You can still get a Wapole license at Lakeside Bait & Tackle at 10mile & Jefferson ph: (586) 777-7003. It's too late to get a Ontario license as they need to send them over to get stamped

- For a Ontario license you can go to Wally's ph: (519) 256-2841. You may want to call for exact directions but here is what I remember. Cross the bridge and hang a hard right u-turn, you'll be going under the bridge. Turn left at the end of the road (otherwise your in the river). Once you get into town (1-2miles) you will see his place on the left. Beware of the dog in the back.

- Or if you have a boat you can get both at Chematogen Park in Ontario ph: (519) 627-4160. Head up the South channel till you get the Chematogen channel (see nautical charts). Carefully head into the Chematogen. There will be a little bay with docks on your left. The campground store sells both and is just across the road. However see previous notes on landing in Canada.

Good luck.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Wally's is 3195 sandwich street. Sandwich runs parallel to the river. Wallys is just south of the ambasador bridge if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I usually get mine (Canadian & Walpole) on the car ferry at Marine City. If your fishing BFL you'll want to get a Non-Resident Sport Fishing tag, not a Conservation license. A conservation license only allows you to bring back 2 bass.

Good Luck, Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts