Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it true that only St. Clair Shores residents can launch at 9 mile and the other city ramps?
If so, where can a non SCS resident launch thats in between St. Jean and Metro Beach??

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
I believe it is true, but I have launched there several times (9 mile) over the past 3 years. I think as long as you have 5 bucks in your pocket they are more than willing to extend there services. I have not been there in over a year so not sure if that is still true....

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
There are two private launches the general public can use between the DNR access site on Jefferson at Ballard and the St. Jean ramp on the Detroit River. Jefferson Beach Marina in St. Clair Shores will let you launch but you have to buy an annual sticker for $100 (that's what it was the last time I checked). There is also a launch at the foot of Alter Rd. in Detroit but it has been plagued with shallow water in recent years. I don't know what the conditions have been like this year. All other launches along that 20 mile stretch of shoreline are resident only or for private members.
The launch at 9 Mile and Jefferson is for St. Clair Shores and Eastpoint residents. Doesn't seem right since the recent relocation and renovations were paid for by Macomb County and not these two cities. Oh well. Small boat owners get screwed again. So what's new?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts