Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After listening to that news story yesterday morning about those fishing on Detroit river, I want to enroll in a class as soon as possible. Also, were would I go to buy a good personal floatation device?

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Shandog @ May 20 2003, 08:32 AM)Call the City of St. Clair Shores Parks & Recreation Offices - They offer these classes:

Phone: (586) 445-5350
Thank you for the tip.

P.S.

Did your feet feel better?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
The U.S. Coast Guard Auxilary and the U.S. Power Squadron also offer Safe Boating courses. Every boater should take at least one.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I think SPIDER from the board puts that stuff together... at the boat sow on fri he was talking to Catain Rob about offering it to us... or maybe it wasn't spider... but definitely someone from here...rob will know

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
That was a gentleman from the Mt Clemens Power Squadron.....

Capt Rob and I were discussing the possibilities of having LSCN and BPS Boaters Safety Courses available at both Harbor Club North and Bass Pro Shops.

This is still in the discussion phase....stay tuned.

Mini

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
I have one from each USPS and MI-DNR. I would be interested in LSCN boaters safety course. I think it should be a regular, and would be good for the site. I would want to enroll the family and participate with them.

Is there such a thing as a boaters safety class for Kids?????

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(The Big Red Bus Driver @ May 20 2003, 08:24 AM)Also, were would I go to buy a good personal floatation device?
Bass Pro Shops carries a great array of PFD's.

If you dont want to drive to the mall (no jokes CBJ)

Boat US and West Marine usually have a good selection. I think the prices are better at BPS.

Mini

·
Registered
70 Posts
Mini,

I met you and Rob at the boat show. I am Greg Ellis from the Mount Clemens Power Squadron. We have a general meeting tonight and I will be talking about having the class as we discussed. I think it will be great to have classes at the Harbor Club. The last boat smart class that we had a kid about 11 years old took the class and passed with flying colors, so it is open to everyone.
Another option is we have a kids krew for the little ones and is a great way to introduce them to boat safety and have a lot of fun.
The vessel safety check that we perform is a free service that we provide. Anyone that is interested in getting one can let me know or call 586-463-2628 to make an appointment.
We will be at Metro on the finger docks the weekend after Memorial day if anyone wants to bring their boat by and we will inspect on the spot.

Mini I will contact you later or if you have any questions let me know I check the board daily.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Thank you Greg E.

I will be out of town the next couple of days, I will be back Thursday and gone again Friday and Saturday.

You have my card, you can call my cell.

Mini

1 - 11 of 11 Posts