Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I finallly got the beast in the water(and still feeling the effects from the ordeal) I want to do some serious boating and all that goes with it! I would like to go places where you can stay all night on your boat. Now that my home away from home is about ready, I want to plan some places to go. All I do is drop anchor in the cove in Anchor bay, a nice place to anchor for the night, but I would like to go other places too. Where are the good spots to do this?

On another note I amazed at how the boating "community" is focused on fellow members. After I was done wrestling with my boat, I went down the road to CJ's for some grub and ale. Enjoying the rest and intake of mass quanities, a guy came out of the kitchen(whom I have never seen before) said Hi, and askes, "Got the boat in the water?", and I said "yep, she's all ready to go" and then he askes "Your the one with the big Bayliner, right?, and again I said yep. Then he states something about the summer and fun and all the stuff we know about boating and goes back to the kitchen. I was impressed that he knows who and what is going on around him, and a plus for good business for CJ's. I love that place!

Anyway hope to see you " Net'ers" out there.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
How about on the lake?

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
I know some people that stay overnight at Gull Island. No ammentities, but I think that's what they like about it.

Try downtown Port Huron, on the river. Many ammenities, I think. Right downtown, beautiful area. We're hoping to do that one this year.

Metro Beach is always great. Lots to see and do and all ammenities.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I usually like the Cuddy but when I get really fubarred sometimes it's right on top of the deck

·
Registered
696 Posts
Have spent a few nights in Fords Cove just for the fun of it...

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
QUOTE(Porta Party @ May 29 2003, 10:29 AM)Have spent a few nights in Fords Cove just for the fun of it...
Oh yeah, that would be a great place to stay! Went in there last year for dinner on the boat. It's like a different world in there.

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
QUOTE(Bassneck @ May 29 2003, 11:12 AM)Where is Ford's Cove?
Just a bit South of the 9 Mile tower. It's on the charts as Ford Cove, though I don't have the GPS coordinates for it.

Be careful going in, and watch your depth!

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, I will check it out

QUOTEBe careful going in, and watch your depth!

you could say that about anyplace on LSC

·
Registered
696 Posts
in between the nautical mile and GPYC, it is connected to the Ford estate right off Jefferson & 9 mile area.

http://www.lakestclair.net/charts/lsc/lsc_19a.htm

http://www.lakestclair.net/charts/lsc/lsc_18d.htm

Legend has it after the Lindbergh baby kidnapping the Ford family had several large boulders dropped in various places around the cove to thwart boat based kidnappers, all underwater of course. I believe they have all been removed but I always go into the cove right down the middle (but then again I have a sailboat)

Ford's cove is a great place to drop anchor and play, you are surrounded on 3 sides by land and there's always other boats there with people swimming, drinking, fishing, playing..... It's a great little hide away.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts