Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(chewy62 @ Aug 3 2009, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dude,
I think today and tommorrow are both wash out days.......rain and winds high winds.....gusts to 35 mph.

dude no such thing as a wash out day

i'm thinking close to the wall at poor mans may be good or in the sni

what about munchies? they have the marsh blocking the s west wind

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
The wife and I like to hang out on the south sothwest side of grass island. Despite what the chart says it is a hard sandy bottom. You can get into a foot of water or stay in 3 feet if you want.

Depending on the wind direction just move around the island accordingly it protects you pretty good.

Lots of birds to watch around the island.

Matt

Ecoregion World Map Atlas Screenshot

Attachments

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Was out sat and Sun. Sunday was realy nice out wasnt to windy .as long as anchored good /

·
Registered
15,073 Posts
If you anchor on the Belle Mar side of Poorman's you can look for Sarge's sun glasses. We were tied up with Fitus and others there this weekend.

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well we are heading out at about 12:30
going to try north side of gull if that don't work the other side of the hook may be our alternate

if anyones out stop by an say hi

thanks for the ideas

·
Vendor
12,824 Posts
There is a lot of lake out there. Think outside the box peeps. We anchored up in the northern end of the Baltimore Hy yesterday (Sunday). It was absolutely awesome. Calm as ever. Beautiful spot. Check it out sometime.

The Green X is where you will see many boats on a fairly calm day. Sandy bottom. Good swimming. The red X is where we first anchored yesterday. A bit mushy bottom with a few weeds, but great for anchoring and chilling when it is a bit windy out.

World Map Organism Urban design Font

Attachments

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ Aug 3 2009, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>There is a lot of lake out there. Think outside the box peeps. We anchored up in the northern end of the Baltimore Hy yesterday (Sunday). It was absolutely awesome. Calm as ever. Beautiful spot. Check it out sometime.

The Green X is where you will see many boats on a fairly calm day. Sandy bottom. Good swimming. The red X is where we first anchored yesterday. A bit mushy bottom with a few weeds, but great for anchoring and chilling when it is a bit windy out.

View attachment 64941

Hey, that's my spot!!
There & the west side of Grass Island on the sand bar. Another favorite, near that small grass island just east of Swan Creek in Fair Haven. On Sunday Adam Allen Band plays on Jiggers patio (red roof), you can hang out & listen to some good music. You're right, lots of good little spots out there!

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
man what a great day on the water anchored on the north of gull very nice and the area was clean

coming out was fun big wind big rolles
yaaaa hoooo

Camille didn't think the ride was as much fun as me

the ride back was the same water over the bow boat got a good wash down

all in all a great day

and thank you Ralph for the call warning of the storm coming in
although we were already back at port

another great Monday boating

and yes the biltmore cut was on my radar too

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.