Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's the Sandbar? I haven't been thier this year,is the channel deep enough?

Sinbads?
Bumpers?
Beach Grill?
Jacks?

Just want an alternative to the Tin Fish. We will probably have three boats and you know how dockage is at the Fish. Plus standing shoulder to shoulder waiting a half hour for a beer isn't that fun!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(HazyMemory @ Jul 30 2003, 10:48 AM)Shhh, I heard from another thread that there are some peeps meeting at Gull in about 1 hour and 12 minues
grrr...and i actually have towork today! grrr!

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
BoatTown USA has a Pub Crawl throughout Mt. Clemens tonight starting at Johnny G's at 6PM. Drink specials & Hors D'Vours at each stop. $20/person.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes James the one in Canada ! Isn't that the only one ?

Gull sounds like fun but I have to work until 4:00.

Instigator,
The pub crawl sounds fun but it's summer and if I can't get to it by water then it's not for me!!

Did Lenny get your motors done yet ?

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
scarabchuck, just to let you know, the Tin Fish is a sponsor on this site, keeping it free to you. Please don't ditch them in your thread.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cap't Rob,
I'm quite aware that they are a sponser, and telling the truth isn't "ditching them" . I've been there and they sponser a great night, obviously that is why there is so many people there.
I'm just looking for an alternative.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I think it is going to be The Sandbar for me, and another boat.
The other two boats are heading to the Fish.

James,
I will give you a call when we get there.
If anyone else is interested just reply here.

Chuck aka. 26scarab

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey Andrew,
Sorry I won't be able to make the fun run, I'm helping out on a P4 raceboat this year and there is a race in St.Clair this weekend.
Lenny's boat is out of commission at the moment. He broke a u-joint last poker run. It tore up the bellhousing gimble ring, and part of the case. It's not like he was beating on it... he was only cruising around 80.

I've been out pretty much every other weekend. Usually in the bay. I've also done a poker run but that is about all this year. Old UNreliable kind of let me down the night before the poker run (changing lifters). I wasted another set of lifters, I'm planning on detuning the boat. It did run 79.7 in the heat with 4 people! I'm hopefully going to change the cam before the end of the season and put something a little smaller in.

Rob ,
I work at the same place and its 8 and skate !!
Well unless we get the next Nissan program then I might as well put the boat away. I might end up in Japan for a few months.

It kind of looks like no boating for me. Everyone cancelled at the last minute. And my other friends already left for the Fish.
Oh well , I guess I'll see what's on TV.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(pauligan @ Jul 30 2003, 04:06 PM)I'll be on the water! woo hoo!!! not sure where we'll end up.

Have fun and drink a beer or five for me!

·
Registered
625 Posts
I miss 8 hour days, I had em for about 6 weeks, then went to 10 hour days. Then to 8 on program A, 2 on program B. A real pain if you ask me, then it changed to 10 on program A, and whatever it takes on program B which has been like 4 or 5 hours a night, it's killing me, and I do not like to work weekends, or wednesdays (tin fish night), or thursdays (golf leauge)... but no pressure!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well,
Just when I thought the night would suck , My friend calls and wants to take his boat out.
We are heading to the Sandbar after all.
We will be in a 30 Advantage P4-34. Sounds like Sparky might be there also.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Rob @ Jul 30 2003, 11:45 AM)scarabchuck, just to let you know, the Tin Fish is a sponsor on this site, keeping it free to you. Please don't ditch them in your thread.
See, now I see it as just being informative. He was just explaining how it really is there. If anything, he's letting everyone know how happenin' of a place it is.

But, just to counteract it, Boss and I had our anniversary dinner there on Sunday and it was GREAT! They seated us right above the tiki bar looking out at the lake, the food was awesome (I recommend the swordfish steak), and the service was fast.

My only gripe is $6.50 for a bloody mary and I didn't even feel it.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
back to the topic...WHERE'S EVERYONE PARTYING!?!?!?!

i am so up for getting DRUNK...rough day

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
QUOTE(scarabchuck @ Jul 30 2003, 10:53 AM)Capt Rob,
I'm quite aware that they are a sponser, and telling the truth isn't "ditching them" . I've been there and they sponser a great night, obviously that is why there is so many people there.
I'm just looking for an alternative.

Honestly, did anyone really have to wait 1/2 an hours for a beer? Truth?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Capt'n Rob @ Jul 30 2003, 07:33 PM)Honestly, did anyone really have to wait 1/2 an hours for a beer? Truth?
I think he's including the time it takes to squeeze through the crowd to get to the bar.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts