"Commodore of the ToT LoT"
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey LSCN,
I know there were a few of us buying our engine/outdrive supplies
from Discount Marine Parts on Jonn R in Madison Heights. He has since
closed. Where do you all buy from??? I think there use to be a place
in the Shores that I use to buy from in the late 80's. Don't really
want to buy from West or BoatUS and would like some decent pricing.

Many Thanks

XO

·
12,052 Posts
I buy from dynamic speed. let me know what you want and I'll pick it up.
special ninja discount.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I buy oil from Colony Marine in Pontiac (close to work) for $10 per gallon. I use Phram oil filters and you can get them from any auto store. PH13 for 454 and 502 engines.

Fuel filter I usually just buy from Colony again. Saves time and gas money from driving all around town to save a buck or two.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
QUOTE(hammer @ Apr 19 2004, 03:20 PM)I buy from dynamic speed. let me know what you want and I'll pick it up.
special ninja discount.

I am gonna have to get int ouch with ya Hammer. Need to get an impeller and housing for my boat.

G

·
QUOTE(XO @ Apr 19 2004, 03:09 PM)Hey LSCN,
I know there were a few of us buying our engine/outdrive supplies
from Discount Marine Parts on Jonn R in Madison Heights. He has since
closed. Where do you all buy from??? I think there use to be a place
in the Shores that I use to buy from in the late 80's. Don't really
want to buy from West or BoatUS and would like some decent pricing.

Many Thanks

XO
I am really bummed that they are not there any more. They definatly did better than any special ninja discount. Now, I just go to Blue Water Marine.

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(Convincor @ Apr 19 2004, 09:03 PM)I am really bummed that they are not there any more. They definatly did better than any special ninja discount. Now, I just go to Blue Water Marine.
Everyone I talked to paid $90 something for a complete water pump kit. I paid $60 something for ORIGINAL MERCRUISER. Buy where you want, I don't care.

G

·
Last year @ Discount Marine, for a complete water pump, gallon of oil, oil filter, and tube of 2-4-c lube. $98. That was a deal.

Hey, let's not get in a pissing war here. You talked a big game about JetCrafts. They are awesome. I have already spent $500 with them. They are the ultimate in jet performance. You talk about Dynamic. Show us the savings, and we will follow.
Discount was the best for a lot of us. I needed some quick parts the other day, so I went to Blue Water. I am always up for a great discount on quality Merc parts.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Hey Hammer, where was my personal service and "ninja discount" when I bought my winterizing supplies?

NAPA auto supply at 15 & Van **** has good prices on marine parts. You may have to order the parts, they don't keep alot of marine engine & outdrive parts in stock.

oil & filters I get a Murrys auto.

Dynamic speed had good prices on the supplies I bought last fall and the help was outstanding. When I went there last fall the store was closed. One of the guys (Jim) that work there had stoped by the same time I was there, to get some supplies he needed. He opened up the store for me and spent well over a hour answering questions I had and gave out more advice than I needed. He was on his own time and never rushed me out the door. Can't beat that for service. Needless to say I will be back !

Hammer Rocks!!!!!!!!!

·
12,052 Posts
I NEVER said Dynamic was cheap. I get a discount there and offered to go there and pick supplies up. Thats it. When it comes to mercruiser knowledge I think they are the best.

Look at the boats & motors that come out of there. Avenger monster truck is 1500hp. Hustler Tom's 540 blocks and some motor work done there 1100-1200hp each and so on.
They use the same equipment for our stuff as the big motors.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts