Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sold my boat a few years ago, getting too old to handle it. Have been renting a boat at Minnich's on Middle Channel. I have a 71/2 hp motor and can't go too far. The rental rules are you can't go on the of North or South Channels.
Can anyone give me any good places to fish on the Middle Channel ?. I have a GPS and a portable Fish Finder, so if I can get some Co-ordinates and Depths to catch some perch or walleyes. and perhaps some tips on how to cath them I will really would appreciate it.
Really miss my boat and Fishing on the lake. Minnich's are good people they have clean nice Mirrocraft alum boats, bait and anything you will need. They take good care of their customers.
Thank's Guys: " Bottombouncer"

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've trolled from north of deckers to the mouth with bb's and harnesses. Caught everything from walleyes, pike and mooneyes. Good luck.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It's a little early in the season, but let me know how you do. Went out and tried trolling the southchannel but had no luck. I troll the mid and south channel late in the season when it get hot out.

·
Registered
9,354 Posts
I dont know if its the right time of year, but Ive ben told by alot of people the end of the middle channel where it dumps into the lake is good. Was catching perch in the pencil weeds in fisher bay a few weeks ago on worms, but I would think minniows would have been better. I have done good on perch in the cuts (canals) that come off the middle/south channel into the bays, the water is usually 5-10' deep and usually hold perch/pike/bass. If U have rented a boat there a couple times and they remeber U, they should be able to piont U in the right direction. They have always been very nice, friendly and helpful. A friend owns a house just the other side of browns on the middle channel, so Ive been in there a bit.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Usually July/August I see guys trolling downstream with bottom bouncers from Browns down to the lake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts