Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
MJC Archery has a location at 3001 rochester rd in royal oak. They have a really nice indoor range and great service. I bought my bow there 2 years ago and they still treat me as if I'm a new customer

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Or you can shopot for free at algonac state park but you have to buy a pass to get in the yearly state park pass is $24 but you can shoot for as long as you want and as many times as you want. But it is an outdoor range and they have a variety of distances (10, 25, 35, and 50 ) yards.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Bass pro is $5 an hour, indoors, and has a 25yrd range. They have some 3D targets and foam layered targets. You can shoot crossbows there as they have crossbow targets in the range also.

FYI, if you shoot at the 3D targets, take some pledge to spray your arrows with, otherwise, getting your arrows out of those 3D targets is a pain, even with the rubber arrow removers. The pledge acts as lubricant and wont harm the arrow. Also, field points only. Rarely crowded, but I recommend you do call ahead for availability as sometimes the range is closed for cleaning or they are using it as a conference room.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
come on out to our LSCN wild game party at gilbert's sportsman't club on march 14 and you can shoot your bow all day for just $3.00

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Yeah in Madison Heights you're closest to MJC. They're just south of 13 mile on the west side of Rochester. Decent range. I don't know what they charge to shoot tho. Double action used to have an archery range but no more. Come summertime, you can just drive to riverbends on ryan and hamlin. $4 for the year's pass I think. Shoot your bows and your shotties.

·
3,236 Posts
QUOTE(putzy @ Mar 2 2010, 11:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i just shoot in my backyard. use my shed as a back stop incase i miss my targert. i knew i guy that would put his target in the back of his garage and shoot into his garage.

I do the same excpet I built a back stop out of premade fencing sections and have it in front of my compost pile. Neighbors never complained.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I shoot in my yard with a burm as my back stop as well. I can shoot 30yrds along side of the house. But I did have one arrow skip off the target into orbit for parts unknown. I pretty much stopped for a while after that and will only shoot 20yrds and under now. I live in Waterford and no neighbors ever really complain. Its just the thought of where that arrow might have or could have landed a couple hundred yards away. Its always that one in a million chance that could come back to screw you or really hurt someone.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
QUOTE(Nitro225Optimax @ Mar 2 2010, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I shoot in my yard with a burm as my back stop as well. I can shoot 30yrds along side of the house. But I did have one arrow skip off the target into orbit for parts unknown. I pretty much stopped for a while after that and will only shoot 20yrds and under now. I live in Waterford and no neighbors ever really complain. Its just the thought of where that arrow might have or could have landed a couple hundred yards away. Its always that one in a million chance that could come back to screw you or really hurt someone.

Funny you say that... I came across this pic and story the other day:

Cat Hand Felidae Carnivore Mammal

Story:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...%26tbs%3Disch:1

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
Thats horrible. I cant believe some people. And yes, that is what I am afraid of, except it could be a kid or something else. I never want to hurt anyone because I practice my bow. And I have never missed the target again, but that one arrow, I am sure some homeowner found it stuck like a javelin in his yard or in a tree with a WTF look on his face...I try to practice more up north at the farm or at BP.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
QUOTE(Nitro225Optimax @ Mar 2 2010, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thats horrible. I cant believe some people. And yes, that is what I am afraid of, except it could be a kid or something else. I never want to hurt anyone because I practice my bow. And I have never missed the target again, but that one arrow, I am sure some homeowner found it stuck like a javelin in his yard or in a tree with a WTF look on his face...I try to practice more up north at the farm or at BP.

I agree 100%.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts