Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like the title says need to find a place to fish where theres a decent chance of catching one from shore been fishing algonac sea wall lately but nothing any other places any knows of would be greatly appreciated if not sturgeon any place for walleyes would be great also

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
The public pier behind Lega's is open to fishing and there's been some big sturgeon caught there in the past. Cast a wad of bait out as far as you can, into deep water... do not leave pole unattended.
Johnny Lega's is on M-29 about a mile or so North of the Colony Tower (south of Algonac)..

·
Registered
94 Posts
QUOTE(Capn Ken @ Aug 20 2009, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The public pier behind Lega's is open to fishing and there's been some big sturgeon caught there in the past. Cast a wad of bait out as far as you can, into deep water... do not leave pole unattended.
Johnny Lega's is on M-29 about a mile or so North of the Colony Tower (south of Algonac)..

is it fishable at all times ? can i go there around 11 pm?

·
Registered
181 Posts
QUOTE(ck82 @ Aug 20 2009, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Capn Ken @ Aug 20 2009, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The public pier behind Lega's is open to fishing and there's been some big sturgeon caught there in the past. Cast a wad of bait out as far as you can, into deep water... do not leave pole unattended.

is it fishable at all times ? can i go there around 11 pm?

all night and all day

·
Registered
75 Posts
I would say boardwalk by the fairy to Harsens Island.... we got like 3 a few weeks ago just babies though 37" 44" 48". Now I have a ? You said you have to get a tag for them? We werent fishing for them just got them ,,In that senerio would we need to tag them or not cause we were fishin for eyes and cats heads? I have pics just tryin to figure out how to get them off my motorola razor phone any help how to do so? And would love to put all catches up from our 6 hour fishin fest Im all 3 sturgeon 5 eyes 1 monster cat bunch big sheeps, suckers and something that looked like a large sucker or carp??? not sure what it was. big scales though!

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
QUOTE(NICK JOHNSTON @ Aug 24 2009, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would say boardwalk by the fairy to Harsens Island.... we got like 3 a few weeks ago just babies though 37" 44" 48". Now I have a ? You said you have to get a tag for them? We werent fishing for them just got them ,,In that senerio would we need to tag them or not cause we were fishin for eyes and cats heads? I have pics just tryin to figure out how to get them off my motorola razor phone any help how to do so? And would love to put all catches up from our 6 hour fishin fest Im all 3 sturgeon 5 eyes 1 monster cat bunch big sheeps, suckers and something that looked like a large sucker or carp??? not sure what it was. big scales though!

Google Northern Quillback Carpsucker...I bet that is what you caught

Good job on the fish fest, sounds like a great night fishing.

You need a tag if you decide to target them....tricky line to cross, but I think your gear would tell the tale.

·
Registered
75 Posts
QUOTEGoogle Northern Quillback Carpsucker...I bet that is what you caught

Good job on the fish fest, sounds like a great night fishing.

You need a tag if you decide to target them....tricky line to cross, but I think your gear would tell the tale.

wow thats sweet that is exactly what I caught thanks Large Mouth Perks
didnt even know they existed. now any help for getting pics off my moto razor phone??
and as for my bait all we were using was crawler harness with 1lb river sinkers god was that fun to cast......

Pole line
.3way spliter
.SS wire holder I made so it dont tangle..........................................36" harness
1lb sinker

·
Registered
9,354 Posts
My brother has caught a few sturgeon in the old henry's parking lot a night years back. Thats farther up past the ferry past the boat launch right at the corner where the road turns north. I belive the restaurant is vacant now. He said he never had any problems fishing there, just once a cop stopped and asked to see his fishing liscense and said he had no problem with him being there.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
QUOTE(NICK JOHNSTON @ Aug 24 2009, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would say boardwalk by the fairy to Harsens Island.... we got like 3 a few weeks ago just babies though 37" 44" 48". Now I have a ? You said you have to get a tag for them? We werent fishing for them just got them ,,In that senerio would we need to tag them or not cause we were fishin for eyes and cats heads? I have pics just tryin to figure out how to get them off my motorola razor phone any help how to do so? And would love to put all catches up from our 6 hour fishin fest Im all 3 sturgeon 5 eyes 1 monster cat bunch big sheeps, suckers and something that looked like a large sucker or carp??? not sure what it was. big scales though!

No tag required unless you are "targeting" them. But based on your description of your set up, I would have one anyway , it might eliminate a hassle from a CO if he questions your motive.. Its very similar to our normal set up for sturgeon. The tags are free from any license dealer.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
QUOTE(Draino @ Aug 20 2009, 07:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is the pier behind Johnny Legas bar open to fishing?

Draino

Exactly what I was going to say.
It is a public fishing pier. DNR watches it like a hawk too.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.