Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't bass fish much (maybe 1 or 2 times a year) and not very good at it. My son is visiting for a couple weeks from Tennessee and asked me to take him. We will be staying in Algonac, any suggestions where I may be able to take him, maybe around Anchor Bay somewhere? Are the channels any good? Doesn't matter if it's smallmouth or Large. I would really appreciate any help.

Just a general area where to start and maybe what to use.

Thanks
Ken

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
hey Ken...

Ive had good luck in the bay between the Salt River and Selfridge ANG. Find the sporadic weed beds and hit up the edges and you'll find the fish. Dont be suprised if a Muskie or Pike stops by and says hellooo. Smallies might be out a bit deeper.

Good luck

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Papa Smurf @ Jul 6 2009, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hey Ken...

Ive had good luck in the bay between the Salt River and Selfridge ANG. Find the sporadic weed beds and hit up the edges and you'll find the fish. Dont be suprised if a Muskie or Pike stops by and says hellooo. Smallies might be out a bit deeper.

Good luck

Thanks for the info. I hope we get into them. :) I'm not the best Bass fisherman but I know what i'm doing out there. :)

Ken

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
you could try off fair haven dnr ramp, OR try a search on this site for "smallmouth bas" about 4 pages of info there. Has locations baits and sometimes times.
Good luck with your son.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts