Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has heard of "Marine Mechanical and Fiberglass", and if they've had any work done by them.

I'm checking out prices for winterizing but only have one other place to compare it to.

Where have others gone for winterization and approximately how much (if you have the same configuration), for twins sterns, gen, head, water system.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
You can try Beacon Marine Crocker and Jefferson (Next to Terry's Terrace)

They did some nice work on my boat this year and their prices were reasonable.

Beacon Marine
586 465-2539

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I had a bad experience with Beacon Marine. maybe I was just unlucky.. although I've heard other unconfirmed stories.

I trust Captains Cove / Dynamic.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Blaz Marine might not be the cheapest, but they called me in the spring to find out when I was putting my boat in the water. Had a mechanic there just to check things out and make sure the engines started. Ended up jumping one of my batteries and got me on my way, at no charge.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
After shopping around a bit, I checked McMachen, Blaz, Shipwreck, Beacon Cove and a few smaller ones, I went with Blaz. Dave has checked out my boat just before I bought her, is reasonable in his price and I trust the location and his mechanics.

For winterizing twin engines, ac/heat, head, freshewater system, gas, hot water heater. Plus haul out and in (fall/spring), storage, shrinkwrap w/access door and radar arch I am looking at around $950.00. This includes storage as well. I am also gong to have him do some mechanical work over the winter and change the head around.

·
AKA gcalan
334 Posts
i used jack @ kingston marine for the past two years for everything from replacing a carb to shrinkwrap/winterize and am real happy with him.

he has a van and will travel to you and he's insured (requirement and beacon cove).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts