Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, confessed ex lurker, newbie, etc. I visit this site nearly every day and have tried everything and everywhere, only to suffer "skunked" too many times. Anyone out there wanna help a lady-fisher land an eye or two (or more!) this weekend? River or Lake; I'll haul that damn boat anywhere this weekend. Figure this is the last time out before winterizing the boat and wanna make sure I come home with a few good eaters. Usually drift with crawler rigs, hammered, gold, silver, every bead color/combination imaginable. Launched 'em all - Marine City, Algonac, Deckers, Selfridge and HE. Marking plenty; fishing early morns, but they won't jump on! Where should I be going this weekend and how deep, etc.??? Humbled and not afraid to ask for help. Thankx.

Marilyn

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
I would slow troll just on the east side of the shipping channel look at the map real good and see where the border is with canada there. It's just along a few hundred feet east of the channel. You can go back and forth there for a few miles. The key will be using lite line preferable 4lb fireline or 6lb fireline will do. Marry it with a hot and tot. The smaller hot+tot's seem best. Or shad colored crankbaits that go down at least 10-12 feet. Slow troll that area and you should do good.. You will start off at the Fire-cracker on the american side.... Now remember the east side of the Shipping Channel.

h2o<----------say's enjoy and ok i'll take a few off your hands...LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx h20 for your tips and map details are great, sounds like you know this area very well. The light line is new to me as are the hot+tots; am old school trained and recently back to Mich from the south - will postpone the hunt while I gear up with new toys. Nothing worth chasing on the river, north or middle channels?

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Hi there, Eyes4me. If you want to stay on St Clair for eyes try fishing around the Delphine channel either jigging or trolling, preferably at night or during twilight hours. I would suggest pulling the boat and heading to Erie also. Still some walleye to be had off of the Stoney Point and Fermi area. No pressure out there either as most are going after those tasty perch. Good luck and post how you do, but most of all have fun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts