Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
I was working at St. Joe's West, and we had people stuck in the elevators. I ended up working until 5am Friday morning (woke at4 am on thursday)! Went home took a shower by flash light, went to bed only to be woke up at 9 am for a rescue call, and then we went none stop until 3 pm, when the power came back on! I am very exhausted and headed for a nap !

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
We were on Big Beaver between Dequindre and Ryan heading home from work. Took us twice as long to get home than normal.

I can just picture the Alan Jackson song; "Where were you, the day the generators stopped turning? ....."

·
Registered
47 Posts
the wife and i were walking from the truck to the boat in it's hoist. it's maybe 100 yard, the power went out as we walked. got to the hoist and couldn't lower the boat. went to metro and ate the dinner she packed and waited for the traffic to clear for the ride home. we got our power back about 12:30 friday afternoon. we're not running the air, man it's mugggggy!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
next in line to check out at grocery store at 15 and ryan ,,
kid that worked there walked by said easy day rest of today i said dont think so you have to put everyones stuff back cause they wont check us out .
took 45 min to get home to 15 and rochester.
bought beer at party store , and got free ice creme.
went home fired up generator and drank .

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I was pulling my boat up to the gas dock at Lands end.

The little girly said" I don't know, the power just shut off and nothings working. You welcome to wait if you want."

I asked if I could get a 12 pk of Bud lite & ice if I'm paying cash and she said "I don't know, the power just shut off and nothings working. You welcome to wait if you want."

I asked her if it was just there or if it was out everywhere around there and said maybe I should run over and check Mac-Ray's. I asked her if they have Mac-Ray's number handy soi I could call them and she said "I don't know, the power just shut off and nothings working. You welcome to wait if you want."

I started up and ran out to Strawberry. Turned on the radio, drank my last 6 beers and listened to all the confusion going on.
Man, what a mess! I was feeling bad for all you people sitting in traffic for hours on end.
Glad to hear that everyone made it thru this so far.

My power came back on about 3:30 Friday afternoon.
I'm watching a little tv and it sounds like I'm one of the lucky ones. Some people might not see powwer til Monday

What's the story on Convincer? I heard a rumor he was rushed to the hospital last night???? Is he ok???

NoCode

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Walking through the house to look out at 8 kids I had swimming in the pool and poof! 3crabs thought he blew a circuit breaker......Wasn't him this time.....Felt bad for getting mad at him at first, then thought oh, well......he'll get over it.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I was still at work. My normal 20-25 min. drive took just over 2 hours. <_<

·
Registered
530 Posts
i was getting off I94 to 10 mile didn't ssee a red light didn't think much of it till there were no lights all the way to the marina.went out on the boat for a few hrs - figured there was nothing better to do. still had a working refrig. on the boat - plenty of cold beer to take advantage of.

·
Registered
331 Posts
i was at the cabin, power flickered for a few min. but was back up. so i went swimming in the lake for awile. has a few and went swimming again. man it was rough. he he.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I was in the shower. It got pitch black and I was so scared. Jumped out, opened the door and dripped all over the place. Thought it was just the local area, but then went to Joe Simasko's house and found out it was an East Coast thing.

We got our power back later this afternoon - the people on the other block are still out. Thank God mine is back on - we had a hard time sleeping in that hot mucky weather. I'm so spoiled by my a/c!

The nice thing about it was that everyone was outside last night. We sat out on the deck and had a few cocktails and it was like being Up North - the stars were so bright and there were no city lights to take away from the glow of the moon. Had lots of candles lit and made the best of it I guess.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Had just stepped into elevator in basement of Renaissance Center. Power went off, power went on, door opened I jumped off, door shut power went back out. Had to walk up stairs to the 37th floor to get my keys and purse and walk back down stairs to 1st foor to get out of building. 45 minute ride home ended up taking 2 1/2 hours. Oh well, my thinking is I probably needed the exercise anyway.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
I was sitting at my computer like always. Rhyan was here with me. Chris was stuck at daycare. I still have no gas in my car to go anywhere and the 2 stations near me must be the only 2 left in MI whose pumps still aren't working. I've borrowed my friends car until I can get gas in my car. How fun... NOT!!

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
We lost power Thursday around 7:30, as i was blow drying my hair & getting ready to head to Browns. Wiz & Hammer had stopped by on their jet ski's, we were going to meet them. Convincor had called to see if we had power, he had enough gas to get him here & that was it! We still had power at that time. The power went out exactly 2 seconds before he pulled in out front! Rumpshaker came & got us, we still went to Browns. Had drinks & sandwiches by candlelight. Came home, had a few more cocktails. Went to sleep. Bill woke up at 2 am in excrucitaing pain, we took him to the hospital. He had a kidney stone. OUCH!!!!! He passed it, went home at 11 yesterday morning. He is feeling much better.
We got power back Friday morning around 11. Went to the mmot for a couple hours last night. Heading out to the moot this afternoon.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
I was coming up Jefferson on my way home from work heading to a gas station.
I had a 1/8 of a tank. I was screwed. Still haven't filled up yet. Hopefully today. All the traffic lights were out and NOBODY was obeying them as a fourway. Almost got rear ended

Glad to hear Bill is alright!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i was online waiting to be picked up to go on the boat when it went out. so i grabbed a beer, and went and sat in the car to hear the radio. ended up spending 3 days at sunbums waiting out the power crisis....i tell ya, there was no better place to wait it out than there...good company, food, drinks, the lake, the bay, the cool breeze...

driving to the boat wasn't so bad up 94---not too much traffic at all. it almost seemed like nothing was wrong.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Jim and I had just arrived at Cedar Point Marina with 60 other Regal boat owners. We were only out of power for about 3 hours, so we cranked some generators ran some extension cords partied a bit and got a good mights sleep to rest up for the next two days at the park.

The Nieces didn't find it funny when we told them that they weren't getting power back till Sunday and we were leaving on Sunday
Cruel Aunt Sue..

The park powered up the next morning and we had a great weekend!!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Was on 59 on my way home. took about an extra 30 minutes. Got home, fired up the boat genny, ran a cord to the fridge, started up the boat A/C and went for a sailboat ride. We spent the night ont he boat and headed to the west side for a wedding we were both in. It took 5 1/2 hours to get from our house to St. Joe. Usually a 3 hour ride. Had to wait 15 minutes to get gas in Parma, MI, but all in all it wasn't too bad an ordeal. Got back home today and everything is working great!!

·
12,052 Posts
Was on the lake jet skiing with Jenn, Wiz, Mike and his daughter. Came in around 8pm to all the mess. We did stop by browns to find the power out there. Had a beer in the heat and then split. Couldn't get gas or money on the way home so that sucked!! Almost went back to the boat to sleep in A/C but stayed home. Friday packed up the food from the freezer and fridge, siphoned the gas from the seadoo for the truck and headed to the boat. Started the genny, put the food away, and started calling gas stations to find boat gas. Went to Schmids on the north end, and then off to Radlins for a great weekend with the boat club. Just got in now. Can you say SUNBURN???

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
I was fixing a pump on a sprinkler system. Got to quit early cuz of the power, took hardly any time to get home cuz I was close to the expressway any way, went home to have a candel light dinner with the family.
Friday had to go to Concord Inn in Clinton Twp. to cancel the room we had for our wedding anniversary weekend <_<

1 - 20 of 32 Posts