Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
I was at geno's sunday, monday and tuesday. Sunday i kept 20 avg perch. Monday i got a 13 incher on wax worm, and 25 average perch (7 inchers). Today the water was cloudy and couldnt see the bottom as well as before, and only caught 5 dinks in five hrs. However my buds had an 11 incher and about 17 average perch. Another bud did very well at cotton yesterday about a mile out. He could see 20 perch in every hole. Sorry he followed me to geno's today thats for sure.

·
Registered
631 Posts
QUOTE(fishbait @ Jan 19 2010, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>anyone hear a good report on beacons cove and does anyone know of a 3 wheeler for sale

Fish moved on, not many people yesterday or today, small ones around, everybody seems to be fishing north of Beacon Cove along & behind the pressure crack towards Geno's. Bad ice at the entrance of the marina (south side, on the lake) people were walking along the rocky break wall to get from the dnr launch to Geno's. Saw people doing it Monday but today not sure, was to far away. ATV's & snowmobiles were turned back on Monday, not passable. Caught a few small fish none to speak of. Still looking for some jumbos!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I fished beacons cove today as well. Thats near crocker rd right? Thats where we parked. Only 3 keepers fished there prolly 2 or 3 hrs. I dont think we were out far enough though. We were in about 7fow though.. ? We started off at a spot ive done well last year 10mile by the coast guard station and that was dead! Didnt see a fish in 2 to 3 hrs. Only 1 other guy out there that did alot of moving around to also find nothing.

This was my first trip to st.clair this winter seeing how i live like a hr away it might be the last.. i talked to a guy that was pullin em up left n right he had 10 keepers to 80 fish. I love perch fishin st.clair but not worth the drive for whats goin on out there. Hope to hear it picks up and the jumbos come in! Good luck fellas

·
Registered
308 Posts
i fish beacon quite often and have not been doing very much since first walkable ice. the gills were great and it seems as if it shut down. lots of dinks by the launch and not much more to report by the gas dock. who knows, guess thats why its called fishing!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts