Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So many times when you turn into a new decade of your life....people will ask "How does it feel?" I was excited to turn 20......thought it was great to turn 30.....but now with my hair turning gray and cheeseburgers appearing in places they shouldn't much faster(and harder to get ride of) I feel a little depressed about turning 40. I know that 40 isn't old but I am now on the down slide and my body is going to start following suit pretty soon. I think i'm 40 but my mom and dad are going to be 70!!!!!! Damm....I remember when my grandparents were that age and I don't want to even think of them being that old and whats coming!
What is the hardest age to turn.....(29 to 30),39 to40)(49to50)?????
People say its a state of mind.....thats true but there is also REALITY!
Where is a good place for me to go and celebrate this fork in the road this Sat????

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Well since I'm only 27 I can speak for 20 I suppose and it was cool. 30 isn't scaring me either. I believe in the "state of mind" deal!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
your as young as you feel , iam 38 , just because your 40 doesnt mean you have to act it and still cant have fun,
best place to celebrate? with friends and people you love anywhere is a good place long as your with them.
my dad is 82 in a few weeks he still does landscaping to keep busy and gets him out of the house lays sod trims hedges youd never know he was that age. and still drinks and smokes too ,,, enjoy your self and live every day to the fullest.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i cried when i turned 25. BAWLED!

when i turned 30, i said screw it, and threw a big black ball at a hall where everyone wore black and it was like a wedding reception w/o the bride and groom! it was AWESOME!!

then i had ANOTHER party on my actual bday at wild woodys with doug podell & frank the owner (it was ALL our b-days) and THAT was a BLOWOUT and a HALF!!!!! wow.

30 is AWESOME!!!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
I'm older than you, Paul......don't sweat it! You are only a day older than yesterday just like any other day.........

Yeah, being 18 again would be fun........but can't so enjoy life to it's fullest!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I turned 25 last august...Now THAT was a hard age for me to swallow. closer to 30 than 20

My birthday is on the 23rd and i'll be 26...and its no big deal now. i got over teh 25 mark...lol

·
LSCN Sponsor
283 Posts
You're only as old as you act!!
i plan to stay a kid for a loooong time.
i think the five oh is gonna be the hard one

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not afraid or dreading it......it just feels alittle wierd and different then other birthdays

·
Registered
409 Posts
I think the older you get the more respect you need to have for your body and your health. If you refuse to start taking care of yourself the older you get, the krappier your feel and the more prescriptions you will need in your 50s and 60s.

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
40 was not bad for me had a big party lots of friends and family. 30 was worse actually I figure that this is the prime baby and im goig to enjoy every minute. S%%t there are no guarantees you will make it to tomorrow so dont worry about your age enjoy the now.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
20 was no biggie
30 was awesome and has been the best year so far

....I've always been scared of LOOKING old and haggard!
Will try my best all my life not to be nasty!

so 40, 50... those numbers don't bother me so much....
As long as I can maintain my mind, body and spirit!

Don't think I'll live to be one of those crotchety old ladies!

·
Registered
991 Posts
25, what is with turing 25? I think people have big expectations to be further in life then they are at 25 and go a little goofy. 30 no big deal, insisted on no parties because it didn't phase me. Turned 40 this year, know I am on the downslide when the body starts to uncontrollable deteriorate and the signs of age begin, wrinkles, gray hair, age spots (which I don't have any!). I think this will be the hardest age to turn in life and it was still no big deal. By the way, Dawn thru one hell of a party!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Fat Cat.....that is good advice. We really aren't promised tomorrow so you have to enjoy every minute. I feel a little ashamed for even feeling sorry for myself when Mrs Sumbum and her sister are going through what they are with her sisters health. Everyday is a miraicle.

·
LSCN Sponsor
1,910 Posts
So come out to the LSCN Skip day friday and enjoy good friends and good times.......sounds like what should be on the sign for ROCKs.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i read somewhere that a woman doesn't really discover she's truly beautiful until she's in her 30's. i believe it comes from within anyways. keeping that in mind, believe me...i've met some REALLY UGLY people in my business.

i'm with pauligan! i don't care how old i am--i will always have fun and think young!
i don't see myself being a crotchedly old lady...i'll be more like rose from the Golden Girls!

·
Vendor
14,664 Posts
Paul & Taxman I got the notice of a PM's from you but I have to wait to read it until I get home tonight. The firewall hear at the office prevents me from reading PM's...

Back to the topic....
20 was too young and I couldn't wait to turn 21...
30 was a shocker the year my first daughter was born.
40 was a killer and that's when I had to get Tri-Focals...
50 was like Oh my God... Where has my life gone??
54 I became a Grand-father... I thought holly $hit! Me a Grand-father... And now I just love that little Sweetie sooo much...
This year I turned 56 and my body has taken a toll with putting on 80 pounds of weight over the past year and a half. I am just trying to take it back off...
My Dad this year turned 92 and is still driving, comes out to my house with his 74 year old girlfriend and enjoying his life. I told my Dad that he's robbing the cradle and he just laughs. He said that he still thinks like he's 21 but his body just won't do what he wants to do... He doesn't consider himself old...???
I still feel young at heart and enjoy teasing my kids and everyone as much as I can... So, when all of you KIDS worry about being old... Don't!! Just enjoy the time that you have and make the most of it... I can post my picture but who wants to scare anyone.... haha

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(The Perfect Fit @ Aug 6 2003, 11:52 AM)My Dad this year turned 92 and is still driving, comes out to my house with his 74 year old girlfriend and enjoying his life. I told my Dad that he's robbing the cradle and he just laughs. He said that he still thinks like he's 21 but his body just won't do what he wants to do... He doesn't consider himself old...???
92 and still thinking like a 21 yr. old! Go Grandpa!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts