Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We usually lauch out of Metro. This time of year it's always packed and hard to manuver. Also, on any given day there is always some inconsiderate A-hole running around there making things difficult for others.

I just Learned of Harleys Ensign. Is this launch just as busy? I read it is slightly bigger. Is it any less congested or should I just quit bitching and be thankful for what I've got?

Thanks,

Gerb

G

·
Harley Ensign has 16 ramps, designated as 8 launch and 8 retrieve. Look for the red or green reflector on the dock posts - the first 8 are green as seen from land, red from the water, last 8 are opposite. This year we have yet to wait more than a couple of boats to get out or back in. It can get full (haven't seen it full in a couple of years), but if it does, Metro is always there as a backup.

I prefer it and use Metro only when we are planning on spending the night there or Harley is full. The ramp isn't as steep as Metro and it's a short no-wake to the lake.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
I like Harley Ensign because it has regular restrooms instead of the god-awful porta-potties at Metro. The parking is better, too. A friend of ours uses the launch at Selfridge, but I don't know anything about that one. If your boat is smaller (ie, bass boat, etc.) you could try the launch at the spillway.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts