Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My carbon arrow shafts make an almost squeak noise when I draw them through the whisker biscuit - I've gotten recommendations for Scorpion Venom "Biscuit Spray" arrow release fluid - it's $10+ for a bottle, and I would only use a little teeny bit...

Anyone familiar with this stuff and/or know of anything that is similar that could be used, like something around the house? Can't be rocket science but I have no idea what this stuff is made of...

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
i just googled it i have a wb also and havent had any problems the complaint people from mi are make is that when it rains and then turns cold the wb freezes also they say that you need a solid black arrow with no coloring one guy said he used pam cooking spray but he was the only one

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(wallysteve @ Oct 13 2009, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i just googled it i have a wb also and havent had any problems the complaint people from mi are make is that when it rains and then turns cold the wb freezes also they say that you need a solid black arrow with no coloring one guy said he used pam cooking spray but he was the only one

hmmm wonder if deer like butter? lol

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
QUOTE(superman @ Oct 13 2009, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(wallysteve @ Oct 13 2009, 04:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i just googled it i have a wb also and havent had any problems the complaint people from mi are make is that when it rains and then turns cold the wb freezes also they say that you need a solid black arrow with no coloring one guy said he used pam cooking spray but he was the only one

hmmm wonder if deer like butter? lol

i wonder if it would be considered baiting

and if anyone on here has had the freezing problem

·
Registered
528 Posts
I've shot a whisker bisket for about 6 years now in every type of weather you could imagine from 70degree and sunny days to 5degree and snowing, with near freezing temp days and rain in between. I have never had any of the squeaking issues mentioned ever. This is actually the first time I have ever heard of this.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
QUOTE(Nitro225Optimax @ Oct 13 2009, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've shot a whisker bisket for about 6 years now in every type of weather you could imagine from 70degree and sunny days to 5degree and snowing, with near freezing temp days and rain in between. I have never had any of the squeaking issues mentioned ever. This is actually the first time I have ever heard of this.

what type of arrow and do you use the lube

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
QUOTE(Nitro225Optimax @ Oct 13 2009, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I shoot Gander Mountains Whitetail Express Carbon arrows with the buff tuff type camo on them. I use lube, but not on my arrows

i ment do you use the stuff superman was talking about on your biscut

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Nitro225Optimax @ Oct 13 2009, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I shoot Gander Mountains Whitetail Express Carbon arrows with the buff tuff type camo on them. I use lube, but not on my arrows

TMI

buff type carbon? the rep at the company told me that carbon arrows that have a "textured" type surface from the carbon fibers are what make the noise, it's not the rest it's the arrows. smooth arrows don't cause it.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
QUOTE(superman @ Oct 13 2009, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Nitro225Optimax @ Oct 13 2009, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I shoot Gander Mountains Whitetail Express Carbon arrows with the buff tuff type camo on them. I use lube, but not on my arrows

TMI

buff type carbon? the rep at the company told me that carbon arrows that have a "textured" type surface from the carbon fibers are what make the noise, it's not the rest it's the arrows. smooth arrows don't cause it.

one of the guys said he used a fine grit sandpaper lightly on his but this isn't recommended in nitro's case could cause irritation

·
Registered
618 Posts
I too shoot a biscuit an I have never had an issue. I have seen the spray and its like a synthetic polymer lube an its sent free. I have used there string cleaner and string an cam lube an wow it is some slick sh*t. Its very slippery and dosent seem to dry out its kinda weard.

·
Registered
654 Posts
scorpion venom is great stuff, the container will last u a long time, its worth the money. can be used on every moving part of your bow as well. never had a prob with my WB. Dead Down Wind makes the similar product . gotta watch it with household prods, they can STINK or gum up after time as well as retaining small bits of debris. pay a little now for the above mentioned products or u may pay deerly in the field. shoot straight and good luck

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(DaveS. @ Oct 14 2009, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>scorpion venom is great stuff, the container will last u a long time, its worth the money. can be used on every moving part of your bow as well. never had a prob with my WB. Dead Down Wind makes the similar product . gotta watch it with household prods, they can STINK or gum up after time as well as retaining small bits of debris. pay a little now for the above mentioned products or u may pay deerly in the field. shoot straight and good luck

Thanks - have you seen either the Scorpion or DDW product locally recently by chance?

·
3,236 Posts
Drop away rest. Bar on top accomplishes the same thing as the biscuit as far as keeping your arrow in place. Line the inside of the rest with mole skin or felt and you are done. Zero noise drawing and releasing, wet ,cold, rain, snow, sand storm etc. I have had mine for 4 seasons now and love it.

Attachments

·
Registered
654 Posts
QUOTE(Tony @ Oct 14 2009, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Drop away rest. Bar on top accomplishes the same thing as the biscuit as far as keeping your arrow in place. Line the inside of the rest with mole skin or felt and you are done. Zero noise drawing and releasing, wet ,cold, rain, snow, sand storm etc. I have had mine for 4 seasons now and love it.

awsome product !!!! but big bucks . saving the pennies for next season for it

·
Registered
654 Posts
QUOTE(superman @ Oct 14 2009, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(DaveS. @ Oct 14 2009, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>scorpion venom is great stuff, the container will last u a long time, its worth the money. can be used on every moving part of your bow as well. never had a prob with my WB. Dead Down Wind makes the similar product . gotta watch it with household prods, they can STINK or gum up after time as well as retaining small bits of debris. pay a little now for the above mentioned products or u may pay deerly in the field. shoot straight and good luck

Thanks - have you seen either the Scorpion or DDW product locally recently by chance?

yep, Anglers in St Clair on m-29 has it in stock, 11.99 + tax

·
Registered
654 Posts
QUOTE(DaveS. @ Oct 14 2009, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(superman @ Oct 14 2009, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(DaveS. @ Oct 14 2009, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>scorpion venom is great stuff, the container will last u a long time, its worth the money. can be used on every moving part of your bow as well. never had a prob with my WB. Dead Down Wind makes the similar product . gotta watch it with household prods, they can STINK or gum up after time as well as retaining small bits of debris. pay a little now for the above mentioned products or u may pay deerly in the field. shoot straight and good luck

yep, Anglers in St Clair on m-29 has it in stock, 11.99 + tax

try other local dealers too. they may have it , or direct you to similar products if u wish. but scorpion will not fail

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Man i've hunted to a point where there was an inch of accumulated snow on my broadhead and my whisker biskit has yet to freeze up on me. Maybe if it went right from a downpour to a freeze I can see it, but the WB would be the last of my worries at that point. Just can't see how it's a prob. I'd kinda be reluctant to put any kinda goo on it anyway.

It would seem to me a fluid, even a teflon based spray, would still result in more drag on my arrow than a dry biskit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts