Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all

Got into the white bass this thursday at alter. I cleaned up the few I kept and noticed they were still not spawned out.

I am hoping to go out one of the morning this week to target them again. but Id like to try metro again rather than alter since I have the annual pass.

Anyone know if the whites are still around the point at metro?

Thanks in advance

-brian

·
Registered
272 Posts
QUOTE(bassnbrian @ Jun 20 2009, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Anyone know if the whites are still around the point at metro?
-brian

They are still hanging with the birds around the point.
The sheephead, carp, and suckers have moved in also, so ends up being a mitched batch

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I havent seen white bass school at metro the last couple times ive been out. Havent caught any either. Could be wrong, but i think they're gone.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(PelicanKayaker @ Jun 21 2009, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>are there still birds diving on them?

a few...very weird and awesome how nature is so synchronized. There would be no action whatsoever..then all of a sudden out of nowhere birds appear at precisely the same moment that bass start busting the surface. This has happened for minutes at a time when the white bass are in heavily, but it was even cooler to witness when it only lasted seconds. The fishing was slow because there are fewer bass I think, but somehow the birds knew when the minnows would be there and so did the whites...even if it only lasted a moment.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts