Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went fishing yesterday in Marysville from shore, and myself and a buddy caught 25 white perch. We threw them all back, because i was clueless as to how big a keeper is, and if you can eat them. My reason for this post is- What is a keeper white perch? and Are there any recipies for them?

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
QUOTE(tai @ Jun 25 2009, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I went fishing yesterday in Marysville from shore, and myself and a buddy caught 25 white perch. We threw them all back, because i was clueless as to how big a keeper is, and if you can eat them. My reason for this post is- What is a keeper white perch? and Are there any recipies for them?

no size limit 25 daily poss limit.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Jun 25 2009, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Tell me what you like and I will give you a recipe.

Chef if you knew me, you'd know ill eat anything
a crisp taste would be nice though

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(DR.hook @ Jun 25 2009, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(tai @ Jun 25 2009, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I went fishing yesterday in Marysville from shore, and myself and a buddy caught 25 white perch. We threw them all back, because i was clueless as to how big a keeper is, and if you can eat them. My reason for this post is- What is a keeper white perch? and Are there any recipies for them?

no size limit 25 daily poss limit.

alright. what is a good sized one though? like a normal yellow perch where 8-10 is a keeper? or is it like 7-9?

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
Right now just coat them in lemmon pepper ant sautee them in butter, sautee some zucchini and yellow squash as a veg and serve those bad boys on top.

Or soak them in buttermilk and dip them in corn meal, then sautee in butter eat with your favorite salsa.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Jun 26 2009, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Right now just coat them in lemmon pepper ant sautee them in buitter, sautee some zucchini and yellow squash as a veg and serve those bad boys on top.

Oh my, now I need a mess of white perch. That sounds great.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
a master angler white perch is 11 inches. They dont get terribly big, so i usually dont keep them, but a good size would be whatever you have the patience to fillet, lol.

White bass have the stripes, white perch dont.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My dad told me that when he used to fish in Belle River (canada) in the 70's they were quite the nuisance. Since they competed with native species for food and reproduced like maniacs something like a fish genocide took place. Intresting. Im pretty sure that isnt the case any more though, the killing and all. Are you supposed to kill invasive species when you catch them?

·
Registered
297 Posts
we caught alot on erie perch fishing. i was always told to snap there head back and throw them to the birds

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(Chefnutz @ Jun 26 2009, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Right now just coat them in lemmon pepper ant sautee them in butter, sautee some zucchini and yellow squash as a veg and serve those bad boys on top.

Or soak them in buttermilk and dip them in corn meal, then sautee in butter eat with your favorite salsa.

sounds delicious. thank you very much. still havent got an answer on the keeper
but im gonna keep 7-9 inches. i have my license now so ill be out more. filet them like a normal perch or like a walleye?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts