Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to finance a boat and want the best interest rate. We were through Charter One, but they merged and became "too big". It took me 20 minutes and 3 transfers to get a human to answer simple questions.

Sorry if this is a repeat post...
Help?

Thanks!
Christine

·
"Commodore of the ToT LoT"
2,809 Posts
What did ya buy???
What did ya buy???
What are ya thinkin of buying???
Do tell....
That's awesome!!!
Good luck!!!

P.S. Hammer has info on this!!!!

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Down, Scotty! No news to report yet. Just getting ready if the planets come into alignment...

I'll check with Hammer.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I'm with National City 10 years (good experience).
I think Installment Loan rates are below 7.0% currently.
Had to open a free checking with them for electronic deduction.

·
"Commodore of the ToT LoT"
2,809 Posts
Ugh......Sorry, just got too excited.....because we actually have a thread about boats!!! Ha Ha Ha

XO

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
QUOTE(XO @ May 6 2003, 02:49 PM)Ugh......Sorry, just got too excited.....because we actually have a thread about boats!!! Ha Ha Ha

XO
Speaking of which, when are you gonna get off your behind and get yours launched?

I'm through National City but only out of convienience (my mortgage is through them) because my Credit Union doesn't do boat loans. I'm not real happy about the customer service there but from what I understand things are bad all over...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey Freckles, it's Paul. I just got my new loan through Community Central Bank in downtown Mt Clemens. I worked with a Mr. Marino (sorry, can't remember his first name) and it was a piece of cake. Great interest rate too. Hope to see you, Bill, and the kids out on the lake this summer.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
We financed our last two boats through First State Bank - good rates and they were willing to work with you regarding down payment and the like. Good folks.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
hey freckles...... Community Central Bank is the Bank I work for but I only do esidential Mortgages.... they are awesome.. very small.. community oriented, absolute personal service ... His name is Jerry Marino... If you call, tell him that you know me through LSCN... I showed him the board a few months ago trying to get him to advertise.

586 783-4500

(my name is Kristin)

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Sue at emerald city harbor, researches many banks to find the best rate and terms. She advertised on this site a while ago, I refinanced by boat through her, didn't have to leave my desk, she did everything, and fast.

Emerald City Marina is in St. Clair Shores, on Jefferson.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the information. I've got a couple calls in and hope to hear from people soon.

~Christine

·
Registered
625 Posts
I had mine done thru Tom, with the hustler, he got me 5.9% a few weeks ago. Viscious (sparky) did my survey, and all flowed thru like nothing. PM me if you want to get his # he took care of my house, boat, all that stuff, it's like a one stop shopping place for me.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Rob, you've got mail.

Jim, Bill looked at the ski boat but didn't make it out to the auction. If he had, we'd be looking at financing to build a second garage.

G

·
QUOTE(XO @ May 6 2003, 01:39 PM)What did ya buy???
What did ya buy???
What are ya thinkin of buying???
Do tell....
That's awesome!!!
Good luck!!!

P.S. Hammer has info on this!!!!
Yeah, what XO said... I want to know too!!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Boy, where do I start?

The Bad: National City turned me down flat, when I went through the dealer. No questions, no responce, no reason, just NO. (new boat dealers get a kick back from the bank)

The Ugly: Comerica and Standard Federal, I have accounts with them both, I was with Michigan National for almost 20 years. THEY BOTH SUCK, the old addadge applies if you need to borrow money, your too big of a risk, and for a boat, no less!

The Good: CITIZENS STATE BANK, You have to love them, they have an anchor in thier logo!
Walked in, sat down, got the loan. Even called back a week later and asked to raise the amount by $5,000, no problem, I am at about 82% of the sales price with a good rate. Couldn't be happier, I am moving all my accounts there!

OK, I bought a new Chaparral 265 SSI, should be here 2 more weeks.

Sorry to any who may work in banking, Comerica is a good Business bank, nothing personel.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not yet, just want to be prepared.

How about you?

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
hey freckles, I know Tom too... hate to say it.. but his boat rates are probably more competitive than my bank... can't beat me on the mortgages though...

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(MrPaul @ May 6 2003, 04:01 PM)Boy, where do I start?

The Bad: National City turned me down flat, when I went through the dealer. No questions, no responce, no reason, just NO. (new boat dealers get a kick back from the bank)

The Ugly: Comerica and Standard Federal, I have accounts with them both, I was with Michigan National for almost 20 years. THEY BOTH SUCK, the old addadge applies if you need to borrow money, your too big of a risk, and for a boat, no less!

The Good: CITIZENS STATE BANK, You have to love them, they have an anchor in thier logo!
Walked in, sat down, got the loan. Even called back a week later and asked to raise the amount by $5,000, no problem, I am at about 82% of the sales price with a good rate. Couldn't be happier, I am moving all my accounts there!

OK, I bought a new Chaparral 265 SSI, should be here 2 more weeks.

Sorry to any who may work in banking, Comerica is a good Business bank, nothing personel.
Comerica s*cks !
i was there 17 yrs, shook and jefferson branch,
moved this year to bank one, gonna see how they are

1 - 20 of 23 Posts