Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last month I had to put one of my cats to sleep. Woody is now alone and I have learned he does have vocal cords...MEOW! MEOW! MEOW!

I've been torn about getting him a new friend. I'm not sure I really want another cat... not sure if i want to take-on the extra bills for the vet, the mess in the kitty liter box, HAIRBALLS... stuff like that. However, it's more important for Woody to be happy. He's six and always had a brother...until recently.

I was just wondering if you have a cat and if she/he has a playmate?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I've got 2 delsol. They're brother and sister and have been together from the start (obviously). I think they stay healthier and happier when they have a companion. Think about a slightly older one from the humane society.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i have 2...stinky & mr. meowgi. they rock. i got them at the same time from the same place, but they're not from the same litter. they're inseperable. when i moved, mr. m was hiding so i could only take stinky until mr. m came out. stinky meowed ALL NIGHT LONG and drove me nuts.
i say get another little critter!
they'll be very loved by you, and love you right back!

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
we've got two and it only smells like we have 8

here is one, the little kitty, spooked on the night of the blackout

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Our two get along pretty well. We got them both as kittens, but about a year between the two. They'll clean each other from time to time.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(samson @ Sep 4 2003, 11:31 AM)I've got 2 delsol. They're brother and sister and have been together from the start (obviously). I think they stay healthier and happier when they have a companion. Think about a slightly older one from the humane society.
I just read that Freedom Hill is going to have pet sale on Saturday and was thinking about going before I leave for JN2.

I really want a kitten. Kitty was 6 or 7 when I brought home 3 month old Woody and they became best pals!

I thought about getting an older cat, but I'm not sure how two older cats will behave...I'd hate to see the two not be pals.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
chillin out under the bed...lol!
stinky & mr meowgi

Attachments

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(delsolcruz @ Sep 4 2003, 11:37 AM)I just read that Freedom Hill is going to have pet sale on Saturday and was thinking about going before I leave for JN2.
Is that that annual Adopt-A-Thon thingie they have there?

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Sep 4 2003, 11:37 AM)Our two get along pretty well. We got them both as kittens, but about a year between the two. They'll clean each other from time to time.

I saw this adorable pic in your sunset thread! I thought it may be a sign to get a kitten, and then with the Adopt A Pet thing going on at Freedom Hill, I'm really thinking about doing it.

My cats cleaned each other behind the ears all the time! So cute!

Tell me the truth, with two long-haired cats, how often do you find hairballs? Not sure if I've ever asked this question to anyone. Both of my cats are/were long-haired and I found hairballs way too often (sometimes every week; sometimes every couple of weeks).

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I have one long hair & one short hair. They seem to yack up those damn hair balls in cycles, couple times in a week and then
not for a week or two.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
QUOTE(samson @ Sep 4 2003, 11:42 AM)Stinky & Mr. meowgi look like twins.
they're not. similar in color, tho! hee hee!
they're way cool kitties.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(Deuce-Five @ Sep 4 2003, 11:41 AM)this picture belongs in a cat thread
Deuce, man that thing should be put out of it's misery! FUGLY is his name....

I have one kitten and she is perfectly happy ruling the roost all by herself!

If you really want another, then get one. Don't get it for your cat though. He is going through grievance, just like people and with time he should be better. If you do want another, I really would look into a older cat. I have seen so many at PetSmart and other places (I was on the prowl not to long ago) that are now w/o a home because someone changed their mind after 6 yrs or they move and don't want to take putty-cat....PetSmart had a really cool white cat w/a few grey patches a couple of weeks ago. He was really sweet. The previous owner decided that they couldn't take their allergies after having the cat for 6 yrs!!!! wtf....rotten
The funniest thing about this cat is his name was Patrick!!! Who would name a cat that????? I even called his name and he looked up at me and started purring....

Good luck to you, Julie!!!!

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
Definitely get a companion. When I got my kitten a few years ago, my older cat wasn't too pleased for a long time, but my little one was persistant (she's awesome!). My older cat purrrrrrrrrrrrrs all the time! Now as for the dog...

BTW: Does anyone else own a cat that fetches?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(soosassy @ Sep 4 2003, 11:53 AM)BTW: Does anyone else own a cat that fetches?
My grey one, Felicia, used to before we got Camille. She's jump up on my chair and drop a toy mouse. I'd throw it down the hall and she'd bring it right back.

My favorite is still the laser pointer. They never seem to learn that they can never catch it.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
Same here with the toy mouse. We'd throw it and she'd bring it back forever like a dog!

Can't get her to do it much anymore, my dog brings it back!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts