Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
are there still opening for the run? I may go if there is.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Milord, I was hoping to make this one, but I ran the LSCN fun run, Petoskey-Beaver Island-Mackinac Island-Mullet Lake last weekend, and the Sunsation Rally is this weekend. Just couldn't fit this one in the schedule.

For anyone insterested for next year, the Northern Michigan fun run was a blast and I will be running it again next year.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well at least you are getting it out there Tom. Too bad you can't make this one. There will be more, Jon and I are talking about putting something together in August. I will keep you posted of the details.

·
Registered
387 Posts
RR,
I met up with Tom this past weekend for the N. Mich Fun Run. 13 boats total showed up, most of them between 36 and 30 feet. One guy closed up the rear with a 23' Wellcraft. Normally this would be fine, but Lake Michigan was dealing out some rahter big water (not huge, but 3 - 4 rollers). I shot a bunch of videos, check them out here:

Big Water Video

Calm Water (but faster) Video

Original videos and full story hosted on Fastboats Website

As for this poker run... probably not a good idea. Still haven't cleaned up from this past weekend, need to get ready for the Sunsation Rally this weekend. Also, a bunch of out of town Sunsation folks are interested in checking out the 'moot on Sunday. Should be a good time!

-Bayley

·
Registered
954 Posts
well they are full. So I will not be in this one.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
QUOTE(Advantage_Rob @ Jul 15 2003, 02:08 PM)QUOTE(Milord @ Jul 15 2003, 05:37 PM) Come on Rob, let me run your boat?

And get my boat wet...NO WAY!!!

yawns.... live dangerously why don't you!!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Jul 15 2003, 02:18 PM)yawns.... live dangerously why don't you!!

Talk like Yoda, why are you?

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(Aggressortom @ Jul 15 2003, 10:22 AM)Milord, I was hoping to make this one, but I ran the LSCN fun run, Petoskey-Beaver Island-Mackinac Island-Mullet Lake last weekend, and the Sunsation Rally is this weekend. Just couldn't fit this one in the schedule.

For anyone insterested for next year, the Northern Michigan fun run was a blast and I will be running it again next year.
Hey tom, any pics from the fun run ?
How was your block party saturday ?
did ya go ? my sis and bro in law were there for a while, they live on the next court from you.
worthington ct.
hope to see ya soon out on the water, take care, be safe.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Fast Eddie, I took a handful of pictures at the fun run, they are all 3 meg so I have to shrink them down. I find it hard to take photos and drive so I didn't get many. I will get around to putting them on the sight soon.

Didn't make the neighborhood block party, I took the boat on the Northern Michigan Fun Run last weekend, boy to those northerners like to get naked, in fact the run is in honor of some woman that got naked back in 1017 or so.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(Bayley @ Jul 15 2003, 02:08 PM)RR,
I met up with Tom this past weekend for the N. Mich Fun Run. 13 boats total showed up, most of them between 36 and 30 feet. One guy closed up the rear with a 23' Wellcraft. Normally this would be fine, but Lake Michigan was dealing out some rahter big water (not huge, but 3 - 4 rollers). I shot a bunch of videos, check them out here:

Big Water Video

Calm Water (but faster) Video

Original videos and full story hosted on Fastboats Website

-Bayley
Thanks for the video!!
You want to try some ROUGH STUFF, try doing the Key West Poker Run in 4'+ OCEAN SWELLs with 2-3' chop on TOP!! Oh yeah, then add in 80+ MPH!

This is what we were running:

·
Registered
387 Posts
I was fortunate enough to catch a ride on a new 42' OL with triple 575's. Topped out in the low nineties with stock motors. Hard to imagine what 6 more feet and 2225 more ponies would be like!

Tom, shoot me off the photos from this past weekend: [email protected]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts