Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed all the peeps logged on and thought it looked like a lot of people out of work or off for the holidays. Personally, I've been unemployed since Mid-July. Was working as Senior Process Engoineer for Fanuc. Could everyone post how long they've been out of work and what they used to do?

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I hope you find work soon.

I'm off till the 5th. Use it or lose it vacation policy.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I work at home----.

I just finished my Christmas shopping and wrapping so I thought I'd take a break and see what was on the board today.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
At work, but....not working. There had been nothing to do that things are winding down for the holidays.

I was out of work back in March until June, got laid off from being a Warehouse and Traffic Supervisor.

·
Registered
123 Posts
QUOTE(Storm @ Dec 18 2003, 03:28 PM) Was working as Senior Process Engoineer for Fanuc.
Hey! I used to work there?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I am at work now...But soon to be jobless........Plant closing......Looking foward

to some time off......But not too long.......Have no idea what I will do next.....

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
QUOTE(RED HOT ONE @ Dec 18 2003, 03:46 PM)I am at work now...But soon to be jobless........Plant closing......Looking foward

to some time off......But not too long.......Have no idea what I will do next.....
Where do you work that the plant is closing???

P.S...sorry to hear that.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
I work at PPG Autoglass........A wholesale autoglass vendor.......They are closing....

36 call centers across the country....In favor of four regional call centers......They

offered me a chance to move to Cinncinati but I declined......Too far from

my home and family........And Lake St. Clair

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
QUOTE(Boater2be @ Dec 18 2003, 03:32 PM)I'm off till the 5th. Use it or lose it vacation policy.
Ditto.

·
Registered
585 Posts
At work....but not working.

Vacation starts Friday at 5pm (sooner if I sneak out early) and go back Jan. 5th.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
QUOTE(Boater2be @ Dec 18 2003, 03:32 PM)I hope you find work soon.

Same goes for me!

Happy holidays!!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
QUOTE(damn yankee @ Dec 18 2003, 04:39 PM)QUOTE(Boater2be @ Dec 18 2003, 03:32 PM) I hope you find work soon.

Same goes for me!

Happy holidays!!!
Me too. 18 days in row. I still couldn't sleep couldn't sleep past 7:30 though. The kids still have school so it was the usual morning routine, except I didn't have to sit in traffic this morning

·
12,052 Posts
Hey Storm good to hear from you, we missed you. sorry to hear you're out of work. Where were you on the lake this past summer?

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(hammer @ Dec 18 2003, 05:09 PM)Hey Storm good to hear from you, we missed you. sorry to hear you're out of work. Where were you on the lake this past summer?
He was in the tot lot the time i met him this past summer i believe hammer.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Hammer,
We did see you once when you were rafted with XO and Bill and Freckles. You split for Walker's, we had an early social obligation and were gone soon after. Being out of work, Candy and I did a lot of weekday boating. Have very rarely had that opportunity and took full advantage of it. Busy year; we got married and I finished the novel I've been writing. When they make it into a movie, we're going to get Ben Affleck to play you!!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts