Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if anyone could help me out with getting ahold of one jim baker, i need to talk to him. i just bought his old javelin and i would like to kno what ( if any ) problems he has had with it in the past.

i just picked it up from jans last night and it dont work.

big motor wont start

trolling motor keeps cutting out

anchor light no worky

and theres an awful lot of oil coming from the front of the big motor.

any help would be most appreciated. i want to make sure i have jans fix everything before i get it back from them. last time i took my boat there, i didnt get it back for 2 mos.

madman himself

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no one? throw me a bone here. i just want to know what i should have fixed while this boat is still under somewhat of a warranty. i only have a few days.

madman himself

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Iknow Jim, but I don't have his phone number,...if he's at the Lk.Orion GNT tonite, I'll tell him you'd like to talk to him,.....hopefully he has a PC and can get ahold of you via this website......no promises, but I'll let him know if he's there tonite!!

Mac

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys. i appreciate the help.

thanks to gterrien also, he told me a bit about the boat. enough to make me call jans and cancel the sale. dont need a lemon

madman himself

·
Registered
467 Posts
Too bad about the boat Brian...what does your schedule look like the next couple of weeks? Maybe we can get out on the Strat...

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jeff, is all goes well, i will have a 99 Ranger R93 with a 200 merc EFI tomorrow. thats if all goes well.

so as for my schedule, im not sure. i will either be fishing from a ranger, or from your strat. either way, ill be fishing

madman himself

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hey Madman...just got our service back a while a go and thought I'd check the board. If you need a partner to break in that Ranger, let me know! I'm still unemployed at the moment, so any time you are available to hit the water works for me (your boat or mine). I have a SEMBA tourney on St. Clair next weekend, so if we can get out on the big water before then for some early scouting, that would be sweet. Give me a call and let me know what works for you.

·
Registered
467 Posts
One more thing....took a neighbor out on Kent for some early morning action on Monday...wouldn't you know, he pulled in a 21" largie that went 4.94 on the Salter (damn newbies!)...I, however, did manage a couple Dinks :)...LOL

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jeff,

what day are you thinkin. it would have to be a little later in the week. like a thursday. if you can swing it on thursday, you can meet me out in warren or at the lake. unfortunatly, after the power outage, i will be too busy at work to take a day off. but we can fish from 5 pm til whenever.

madman himself

·
Registered
467 Posts
So I take it you bought the Ranger? I need to check with the wife, but Thursday might just work for me. I'll check tonight and get back with you later today or tomorrow...

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looks like i will be free tonite also. the girlfriend has school ( college, not highschool, im no cradle robber) so i gots nothing better to do than fish. you still doin bellevilles on tuesday? alright, let me know.

madman himself

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yeah, I'm doing Belleville tonight. Are you still open for Thursday? Your rig or mine?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im free. im thinking we should take mine. because its already out here. plus you wont have to worry about hauling anything back home once we got off the water.
but if you would rather use your boat, that works for me as well.

give me a call thursday. i will be off work at 4:30 pm. its only about 15 minutes to the water from where i work.

madman himself

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hey Brian, I left you message on your cell but thought I'd post here as well...gotta bail on you tonight, sorry. I promise we'll get out on the water sometime this year (soon I hope, I need it!).

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
jeff,

i am here whenever you have time. my cel is shot, so just email me your # when you are ready to get out. there are no commitments i have that are more important than getting you out on some water. looking foward to catching some fish ( or at least netting yours ).
just try to keep the 14 lb carp out of the new ranger

madman himself

1 - 16 of 16 Posts