Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went camping and decided to go out on the boat when we got back. I was amazed to see the water level had dropped about 4 inches, as was evident on the ladder to my boat.

Did some one pull the plug on the drain?

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
I'm pretty sure that is about normal for this time of year. Pray for a good freez over and lots of snow up in Canada this winter.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Well, don't ya know its that time of year. Lots of people pulling their boats out and the lost water displacement causes the water levels to go down.....

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
just like in bath
tub at home eh ???

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
QUOTE(EDBDBOAT @ Sep 13 2003, 12:51 PM)We went camping and decided to go out on the boat when we got back. I was amazed to see the water level had dropped about 4 inches, as was evident on the ladder to my boat.

Did some one pull the plug on the drain?

Yes, I can see at my canal

G

·
We trailer our boat and usually hit the lake at least through Browns halloween party. Every year it seems like it drops 8-12" from Labor Day to the last time out, so I'd say it's the normal seasonal change.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wait, I think I have an idea. I saw a guy taking a leak in the canal on Salt River, maybe he was trying to re-fill the lake!
Maybe if we all go to his slip, drink a bunch of beer, then Wiz in his slip he can raise the lake a few inches.

Lets see, 90,000 acres, 4 inches.....OK, so how many gallons in an acre?

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
QUOTE(EDBDBOAT @ Sep 17 2003, 08:16 PM)Wait, I think I have an idea. I saw a guy taking a leak in the canal on Salt River, maybe he was trying to re-fill the lake!
Maybe if we all go to his slip, drink a bunch of beer, then Wiz in his slip he can raise the lake a few inches.

Lets see, 90,000 acres, 4 inches.....OK, so how many gallons in an acre?

Yea but think about the next time that you catch a little spray over the bow.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts