Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How's it going? I quit friday night. I had SUCH a migraine all weekend long and it just dawned on me last night, DOH, nicotine withdrawl!!

Hopefully i can quit again. last time i was successful for 1 year

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
im going to try again soon. maybe after all the stress and partys from the holidays.
the last time i attempted it was so hard to go out and have a few drinks w/o smoking, and of course will power didnt last long cuz of the drinking

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Its been almost 5 years, I think, since I ended my enslavement to the tobacco companies. Good Luck MJ. Don't quit quitting. You can do it.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
MJ- Manana quit smoking 3 weeks ago.. he pretty much quit cold turkey (who ever invented that saying anyways....???) after 30 years of doing it. The first few days were easier on him then right now... he chews on a ton of straws and eats lots of licorice... believe me it is hard... with a capital H!!! Take it from me... but, the feeling that you know you have overcome something so powerful, is great! He still really craves a cigarette, especially after a hard day or usually after he eats...but he has not given in- thank god!
If you set your mind to it you can do it... Tom never really wanted to quit smoking.. he enjoyed it too much, and then one day.. WHAMO! It happened.
Gooooddd luck- the headaches will go away soon enough.. it is all worth it in the end.
PM him if you need any advise.
He will be able to enlighten you more on it.. i am just telling your from my prespective.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Hey MJ...all I can say is DON"T GIVE UP. Althought it has been so very tough...more than I ever imagined...it is so worth it. I already after almost 3wks feel better, have more energy,a sense of smell and can taste food again. I also had headaches for a day or 2 but those go away. Don't give in. Change your patterns on how you do things. If you had a smoke after dinner...do something different. Its hard sometimes but I am determined to quit

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(manana @ Nov 24 2003, 05:21 PM)Hey MJ...all I can say is DON"T GIVE UP. Althought it has been so very tough...more than I ever imagined...it is so worth it. I already after almost 3wks feel better, have more energy,a sense of smell and can taste food again. I also had headaches for a day or 2 but those go away. Don't give in. Change your patterns on how you do things. If you had a smoke after dinner...do something different. Its hard sometimes but I am determined to quit
manana i sooo applaud you for this ! sticking with it !
awesome dude !

mj-good luck !

·
12,052 Posts
Good luck to all of you. I've known and dated people over the years that have quit and the method that seems to work the best is the laser treatment they do in Canada. They zap you all over your body and no more cravings.

Alpha lifestyles is the name, its on Oulette street. Check out their website. Guaranteed results or a re-do treatment is free. They also have vitamins to help detoxify your body and help with the moodiness.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey all thanks for encourgement!! It's been since friday..and i'm doing good. I think. Driving home wasn't so bad seeing i had gum to chew.
We'll see how this goes. I didn't drink at all or go to the bars this past weekend either. Beer and smoking go hand in hand
i'm afraid of slipping up wednesday ...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi Mary Jane;

I may be new here in LSCN but I am a old hand at Smoking.

After smoking for 40 years I had 3 heart attacks .I also had the

arteries taken out of my Left leg ( Twice) & my right arm.
, because of poor circulation all caused by smoking & bad eating habits.
I had my first attack 11 years ago.To make a long story short my life
was over .Couldn't work , walk , was a mess.
3 Years ago I quit .I tried for over 35 years to quit , but never
could do it.

To finally quit after the second time of taking the Pill . It is not important how you
quit just that you do.I am now 59 you I want to see my 10 Grandkids
& 3 Kids grow up .Heavens knows they need me as much as I need them.
Can you imagine how hard it will be for them ( if you have kids)
to be without you or to have to look after you because you can't do
for yourself.

Besides People that smoke smell .LOL

X Smoker

Attachments

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for your inspiration.

I'm doing ok still. i just need to buy stuff to suck on. suckers and hard candy.
UGH!!!

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(MaryJane @ Nov 24 2003, 08:05 PM)i just need to buy stuff to suck on.
Can I make a free joke here?

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(okbob @ Nov 24 2003, 07:39 PM)Besides People that smoke smell
AMEN, brother.......amen.

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Good luck MJ!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(hammer @ Nov 24 2003, 08:15 PM)QUOTE(MaryJane @ Nov 24 2003, 08:05 PM) i just need to buy stuff to suck on.
Can I make a free joke here?
i walked right into it- no prob hammer

·
Registered
795 Posts
Good luck MJ. I'm not even going to try until after the holiday's. And by the way MJ, years ago their used to be
a HARD CANDY called "Mary Jane's" it was a type of taffee.

I'll keep it clean from here . . . let the single men of LSCN take their shots at ya....

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(Basstrap896 @ Nov 24 2003, 08:59 PM)Good luck MJ. I'm not even going to try until after the holiday's. And by the way MJ, years ago their used to be
a HARD CANDY called "Mary Jane's" it was a type of taffee.

I'll keep it clean from here . . . let the single men of LSCN take their shots at ya....
you can still buy maryjane's- especially around halloween.

they're good!

thanks for the encouragement!

·
Registered
9,469 Posts
QUOTE(Basstrap896 @ Nov 24 2003, 08:59 PM)Good luck MJ. I'm not even going to try until after the holiday's.
I guess you have to actuallu quit befor you get words of encouragement!

Bass and myself want to quit.......

help us
out.
where theres a will....... there is a way!

himself and myself wont get thru it alone....
thats why i posted what i did

i really do want to quit though

if Pandora can give up drinking, i can give up smoking

1 - 18 of 18 Posts