Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
22,946 Posts
We cook all the time, and use our electric stove when docked, and propane when not.

Everything tastes better cooked on the water.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can see using it now that we have a larger boat that actually has space to store a pan. Plus on our 27, we really just day boated, whereas with a 32 now it will be more comfortable to stay on the boat overnight and on weekends.

I think I only used the microwave twice on the last boat.

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
On our last boat, we used our stove all of the time. I'd keep an extra bottle of marine stove alcohol because we'd go through it so quickly.

Of course, on land, we'd use the electric part of the stove a lot too. Especially in the fall when it was cold and I'd forget the ceramic heater at home

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
QUOTE(Suck My Wake @ Aug 28 2009, 07:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>First time posting a poll, hopefully I did it right.

I'm hoping Tango chimes in on this topic.. I guess he has 3, Yes a 3 burner stove. Their are so many different things you can do with three burners, It really does take boating to the next level.

Myself.. I'm lazy and just Microwave my food on the water.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
QUOTE(SAILOR @ Aug 28 2009, 10:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Three burner stove with oven/broiler, problem is ---wife doesn't cook!

I understand! I cook at home, but on the water, that's my vacation. We've cooked a couple of times when docked at Cedar Point or Metro Beach. Otherwise, we run to breakfast at Riverside or lunch/dinner at Browns.

·
Registered
137 Posts
We use ours all the time too, mostly for breakfast. If we plan on being out for a few days straight, I'll pre-cook some bacon or sausage at home and then heat it up in the pan in the morning along with some eggs, onions and green peppers... heat up some pre-cooked potatos and mix up a bloody mary... MMMM MMMM... breakfast on the water is good.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Never used the stove or the oven on the boat....Microwave, yes, but haven't had to use the stove/oven. BBQ - A LOT! We had a couple about two slips down from us that used to bake cakes on their boat when docked. He said their boat always smelled delicious when they did.

·
Premium Member
12,052 Posts
use mine all the time. usually cook for so many, I bring out the electric skillet for more room. Bake biscuits in the oven sometimes too, or even a Dutch apple pie. YUM!!!

I've made pasta on the stove, sauce in a crock pot ,and veal parm. in the oven. Garlic bread too.

·
Registered
184 Posts
QUOTE(hammer @ Aug 28 2009, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>use mine all the time. usually cook for so many, I bring out the electric skillet for more room. Bake biscuits in the oven sometimes too, or even a Dutch apple pie. YUM!!!

I've made pasta on the stove, sauce in a crock pot ,and veal parm. in the oven. Garlic bread too.

Good thing someone in the family cooks...or else I would starve

You're the best Honey!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.