Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
Just cyber sex with a hot, 18 year old Swedish model who is rich and really dug me and is gonna come meet me one day!

·
LSCN Sponsor
4,403 Posts
QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ May 29 2003, 11:27 AM)via website encounters ... kiss, [email protected], yahoo personals.. etc.

Anyone have profiles up currently?.. thoughts - good, bad?
IF YOUR SHOPPING???????
PICK ME!!! I NEVER GET PICKED!

LURKED A FEW TIMES, KINDA LIKE WINDOW SHOPPING

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Its too risky. You never know if the 13-year-old is really an FBI agent.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
So many people raise their eyes when they find out I've done this, extensively. But, you know, considering the level of technology in every facet of our life, it seems like a pretty natural way to go.

After I got out of a 12 year relationship at 24 years old... I had NO IDEA how to go about dating~so after a year of recovery time, I put my ad in the local newspaper. Next was Yahoo, I think. I also paid $1000 (yeah, believe it kids) to join a "professional's only" dating service; It's just lunch.

When I moved to MI 3 years ago, my girlfriend and I got hooked on AOL for a little while... it's pretty powerful having emails everyday from people interested in you. Yet, you also must realize they are interested in ANYBODY attractive online. I've given it up one hundred percent, even though it is a very valid way to meet people... just found that people weren't who they portrayed themselves to be... which is natural in any dating venue in the beginning... but, nah. Looking for real chemistry the old fashioned way for once, now.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
been there done that too...

actually, met a guy online from south carolina... he flew up here once a month or so he even had thoughts of moving to Michigan.... for some reason, intuition kicked in ...doubted he was finished meeting others, understandably so, we lived so far away.. but.. the lies!...... so I came up with another profile (different screen name, one that was in his state) and started chatting with him, for weeks under an alias!!!...couldn't hide it much longer after that. Should I be admitting to that?

Had another date once... the guy scred the crap out of me.. seriously, I would never walk out on a date.. but this guy reminded me of a child molester.. very creepy. Went to the bathroom, called my buddy.. he called me when he got to the parking lot of the restaurant ...and I snuck out...

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Seeing as I am and have been married forever I cant say that I have tried this. But, I do know a few people who have. From what I have seen, most of the ladies that use these services are genuinely trying to find someone. Most of the guys are just horndogs looking to get off. There are always exceptions and I have seen a few that met and are now happily married, they are extremely rare though. One word of advice for anyone thing of going this route. Have a safe call set up for the first meet, always. Also, always have the first meet in a very public place. Be sure of who you are meeting. I have heard so many times that the persons didnt turn out to be who they claimed. It is so easy for people to claim to be things they are not over the web. Its a crazy place we live in. Be careful.

·
Registered
709 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ May 29 2003, 09:36 AM)--- edited ---

So many people raise their eyes when they find out I've done this, extensively. But, you know, considering the level of technology in every facet of our life, it seems like a pretty natural way to go.

When I moved to MI 3 years ago, my girlfriend and I got hooked on AOL for a little while... it's pretty powerful having emails everyday from people interested in you. Yet, you also must realize they are interested in ANYBODY attractive online. I've given it up one hundred percent, even though it is a very valid way to meet people... just found that people weren't who they portrayed themselves to be... which is natural in any dating venue in the beginning... but, nah. Looking for real chemistry the old fashioned way for once, now.

Amen sister;

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
When I moved to the east side three years ago, and was bored on a Friday night (I didn't know too many people), I did some searching on the Internet.

I never thought I would do such a thing, but boredom kicked in and I thought what could it hurt to be a lurker. It became somewhat addicting, and I added my profile.

I met a lot of guys. We wrote back and forth for some time before I agreed to meet them. I actually met (on the Internet) at the same time, three guys who all kept their boats at Beacon Cove Marina.

One of the guys was Steve, and as you may know, we are still together. One of the other guys, I stayed friends with for a couple of years, and the third guy, I met him once and never saw him again.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ May 29 2003, 09:46 AM)been there done that too...

actually, met a guy online from south carolina... he flew up here once a month or so he even had thoughts of moving to Michigan.... for some reason, intuition kicked in ...doubted he was finished meeting others, understandably so, we lived so far away.. but.. the lies!...... so I came up with another profile (different screen name, one that was in his state) and started chatting with him, for weeks under an alias!!!...couldn't hide it much longer after that. Should I be admitting to that?

Had another date once... the guy scred the crap out of me.. seriously, I would never walk out on a date.. but this guy reminded me of a child molester.. very creepy. Went to the bathroom, called my buddy.. he called me when he got to the parking lot of the restaurant ...and I snuck out...
your too hot to date on line

you too pauline.....

·
Registered
192 Posts
I DID THE HOT OR NOT WEBSITE (WHERE YOU CAN MEET PEEPS
I SUBMITTED THIS PICTURE OF MYSELF,AND HAD CHICKS
FROM ALL OVER BEGGING TO GIVE IT TO ME.......
IT WAS GREAT!!!!

This is the picture MY WIFE carries in her wallet! Oh yeah, I forgot to say I'm married but still choose to set up a website!

Attachments

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
I met a couple chicks online a few years ago. Never found what I was looking for, but had a good time.
Amazing how many fruitcakes are out there. Gave up on that quickly.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ May 29 2003, 03:15 PM)QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ May 29 2003, 09:46 AM) been there done that too...

you too pauline.....
you so know how to make me blush there eddie..
... thankyou..

you know... it served it's purpose for me at the time!... aside from the multi dater who insisted there were no others and the creepy molestor I did manage to find some really cool people that I've remained friends with.

Did I mention the guy from Nigeria who insisted it was God's will for us to be one as I was somehow formed from his rib and that he would pray to the God's in heaven for us to be united one day?....

or how about the guy who claimed me racist and harassed me for months not replying to his 10,000 emails because he was black... whatever...

Many men did I talk to (never meet) that were married looking for a little sum sum on the side... spent hours preaching to those guys, thinking I could play counselor and change them back to monogamous men... countless hours wasted....what was I thinking??!!...

Anyway, so glad that's in the past... but don't complelety disagree with those who choose to meet someone that way...so long as they are selective and careful...

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ May 29 2003, 03:39 PM)QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ May 29 2003, 03:15 PM) QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ May 29 2003, 09:46 AM) been there done that too...

you too pauline.....
you so know how to make me blush there eddie..
... thankyou..

you know... it served it's purpose for me at the time!... aside from the multi dater who insisted there were no others and the creepy molestor I did manage to find some really cool people that I've remained friends with.

Did I mention the guy from Nigeria who insisted it was God's will for us to be one as I was somehow formed from his rib and that he would pray to the God's in heaven for us to be united one day?....

or how about the guy who claimed me racist and harassed me for months not replying to his 10,000 emails because he was black... whatever...

Many men did I talk to (never meet) that were married looking for a little sum sum on the side... spent hours preaching to those guys, thinking I could play counselor and change them back to monogamous men... countless hours wasted....what was I thinking??!!...

Anyway, so glad that's in the past... but don't complelety disagree with those who choose to meet someone that way...so long as they are selective and careful...
still, you and pauline are too hot to be dating through the computer

1 - 20 of 37 Posts