Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Sophie is such a snot! Doesn't want to sit on my lap anymore, be hugged or anything. She walks around here with her tail in the air and in the dark you'd think it was PeePee LaPoo walking by the way that tail struts by.

What happened to my sweet, cuddly purring kitten? Geesh! Rich said to take her back where we got her from for a week, then she'd be all sweet and cuddly again when we brought her home

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Just don't feed her and then you'll see how needy and affectionate she will get.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
BOTH of my cats are snooty....

Neither sit and cuddle with me ever... though the little one at 4 am likes to purr and "dig" at my hair, to which I toss her repeatedly aside.

the younger one can't even be held unless I'm distracting her with a toy and she forgets she's in the air...

My big white cat, detests being cuddled, but purrs nonetheless... I think it's a defense mechanism... he thinks purring will delude me into thinking he's comfortable so I will relax my grip, and then he will try to bolt.

<_<

It really does irritate me; I'm such a cat person and NEVER had a nice lap cat.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rich thought the same, too....

Usually I feed her when I come home in the morning.....So when I came home today she was at the door waiting for me and purring as usual....Went into the kitchen and he told me that Makenzie already fed her!!! I was amazed that she was still so friendly

She seems to like laying on the floor while I rub her belly and she kicks me with her back feet and gently nibbles on the hand that is rubbing her.

I can't figure out cats <_< Oh, bother as Pooh would say.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Both our cats like being held and laying on us, etc.

Its probably because we're gone all day and we don't let them in the bedroom. Also, I was picking them up and filpping them over alot when they were young. Getting them used to it. I can take either cat and lay them upside-down in my arm like a baby.

Felicia THINKS she's snotty every so often though.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input, Pauligan! I don't feel so bad. I'm just amazed that she went from a lay in my lap, upside down like a baby, purring little thing to a stuck up snot!!!!

maybe they should all go back to Petsmart for a week vacation in the CAGE!

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
my little boogery cats are the biggest doofuses in the world. they're too dingy to be snotty. mr meowgi is a 'chicken kitty', meaning he runs and hides if he doesn't recognize the voice or person coming into the room, but stinky's all up on whoever it is. he's funny like that.

they're my 8am alarm clocks.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Our cats aren't stuck up, but they are manipulative. Clair cries for wet food (a treat), but if she realizes she's not getting any, she'll settle for a lap. She's a great lap cat. We got her as an adult, and she was raised in a cattery (for breeding) with about 30 other cats. Maybe because she didn't have human contact too much in her first couple years she really craves it now...

Garwood, on the other hand, is crazy. We got him as a kitten, so he thinks he's a human. Bill taught him (or he taught Bill) to play "tag". He'll snuggle and purr on his own terms, usually when he's cold. One of his favorite things to do is rub up against whomever's just gotten out of the shower. Then he'll lay down on the shower floor and hang out.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Sophie does the same thing when you are wet and out of the shower~agh!

I am thinking being a only cat she will stay friendlier than if she had a playmate to snuggle with....so it's us or nothing

Even at night she won't cuddle....she curls up between me and Rich or gets right between his legs and sleeps.

·
Registered
268 Posts
All these posts reaffirm why I'm a dog lover.

Dogs always love their owners and they don't give you attitude. Plus you can play with them without fear of hurting them.

DOGS RULE!

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I am blessed ~ my Vinnie is so lovable and Mr. Personality Pance too!

Anytime you guys want to come over and get some good lovin from him, stop on by

It's funny about "leave me alone" type of cats - the reverse psychology doesn't work on them. You figure fine then, screw ya, I'll leave you alone and some time you'll come begging me for a little tlc - then it never happens. They probably sit there and think "It's about time they got the hint!"

Cats are awesome ~ I just love their personalities!! I have found that male cats are friendlier than females though

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
My youngest cat is a snotty, but friendly. Always purrs, but struts with her tail in the air and only wants to be cuddly on her terms. My oldest is just a [email protected] To other people anyway. To us, she is VERY cuddly. Constantly laying on our laps. She's pretty playful with me, but if someone other than Kenny or I walk in the house, she'll claw their eyes out if they near her. She's more protective than my dog!

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
My cats will not stay off anyone! I think since there are so many they fight for my attention. i'll easily have 4 sleeping with me at night. I just love it! My sweet snuggle bugs. Oh yeah, then there is also a ferret or two that might want to come hang out in the middle of the night

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Both of my cats are quite friendly, both love to play...........Bear even will play fetch and both love being petted, especially Pounce, and laying in your lap.

However, if your new to the house, it takes them a few times to get used to you.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
Shan - my sister took in a male stray a couple years ago and she was very worried that he would tear up the place, but he is the BIGGEST lover cat! Almost annoying, but she wouldn't have it any other way. She also has two females that hiss and run when anyone comes over. We almost took him, disappointed we didn't, but we already had the two a dog and two birds. He's a sweetie though.

Cats are awesome and I grew up with dogs all my life.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
QUOTE(Stazi The Aussie @ Feb 11 2004, 11:01 AM)All these posts reaffirm why I'm a dog lover.

Dogs always love their owners and they don't give you attitude. Plus you can play with them without fear of hurting them.

DOGS RULE!
...and cats drool!!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts