Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't take it anymore... gott'a get my PIB fix... I'm headin' down for a one-night, two day stay at PIB, Wed & Thurs and wanna' know if there's anyone here I should look for in the marinas (or bars)? Gatewood & Calabash are playin the Roundhouse... a pretty good Country band at Beer Barrel. Gonna' introduce my son to PIB... Weather is supposed to be perfect (for sittin' at the swim-up bars!)

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
Was hoping to be sitting at the Roundhouse right now!!!

But - waiting on a friend.

Leaving today and coming back Wed.

There is a bunch going down the end of the week.

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
We're heading to PIB early Friday morning... There will be a ton of boats from this way heading out as well for the weekend, 15-20 that I know of? but am sure there are many more... see ya poolside!

·
Registered
22,943 Posts
QUOTE(MooseKnuckle @ Jul 7 2009, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What and Where is PIB?
PIB = Put In Bay -- An island in OH, about 15 miles north east of Cedar Point. Short description: A mini Key West.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
QUOTE(MooseKnuckle @ Jul 7 2009, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What and Where is PIB?

Doesn't your boat automatically start heading in that direction as soon as you pass the buoys leaving your marina like a trained pooch?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Anyone know the running distance to PIB from the MacRay/BMH area? I'm heading down the last weekend of July(anyone going then???), I had all the info but forgot to get it out of my old GPS before I sold the boat, I want to make sure the new boat can make it on one tank. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Jul 7 2009, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(MooseKnuckle @ Jul 7 2009, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What and Where is PIB?

Doesn't your boat automatically start heading in that direction as soon as you pass the buoys leaving your marina like a trained pooch?

Thought that was funny. I only have one saved route on GPS - guess where it goes...hahaha. At least you got the joke.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
QUOTE(JYurgo @ Jul 7 2009, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Anyone know the running distance to PIB from the MacRay/BMH area? I'm heading down the last weekend of July(anyone going then???), I had all the info but forgot to get it out of my old GPS before I sold the boat, I want to make sure the new boat can make it on one tank. Thanks.

About 164 miles (roundtrip)

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
QUOTE(MooseKnuckle @ Jul 7 2009, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Soo Sassy @ Jul 7 2009, 07:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(MooseKnuckle @ Jul 7 2009, 07:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What and Where is PIB?

Thought that was funny. I only have one saved route on GPS - guess where it goes...hahaha. At least you got the joke.

·
Registered
148 Posts
QUOTE(MooseKnuckle @ Jul 7 2009, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(JYurgo @ Jul 7 2009, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Anyone know the running distance to PIB from the MacRay/BMH area? I'm heading down the last weekend of July(anyone going then???), I had all the info but forgot to get it out of my old GPS before I sold the boat, I want to make sure the new boat can make it on one tank. Thanks.

About 164 miles (roundtrip)

Thanks, I thought it was around 83 miles one way, I just couldn't remember for sure, thanks again.

·
Registered
817 Posts
QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ Jul 6 2009, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We're heading to PIB early Friday morning... There will be a ton of boats from this way heading out as well for the weekend, 15-20 that I know of? but am sure there are many more... see ya poolside!

Who are you heading down with?

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
QUOTE(scepter @ Jul 8 2009, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ Jul 6 2009, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We're heading to PIB early Friday morning... There will be a ton of boats from this way heading out as well for the weekend, 15-20 that I know of? but am sure there are many more... see ya poolside!

Who are you heading down with?

We're keeping our boat here and heading down with Kevin and Lisa on theirs. Looking at the weather though - thunderstorms? ..
are you guys going?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ Jul 8 2009, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(NoShow @ Jul 8 2009, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Man hopin weather holds out...

it's not looking so good
Tough it out? - or save the run for another weekend of more promising sun? what to do.. what to do...

Id say go for it, most everyone has canvas, and there are plenty of bars, at least if it rains we wont feel bad for drinking in bars during the day, not to mention no drinking on docks or park...

·
Registered
817 Posts
QUOTE(canehdiangirl @ Jul 8 2009, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(NoShow @ Jul 8 2009, 09:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Man hopin weather holds out...

it's not looking so good
Tough it out? - or save the run for another weekend of more promising sun? what to do.. what to do...

Rain or Shine we are going, it never rains in the BAY!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
Heading Down Thursday morning

1 - 18 of 18 Posts