Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does not sound good. He's either in serious condition or he finally hit bottom and is getting help. Stern did not offer any information today.

Matt

Comedian Artie Lange, sidekick to Howard Stern has been hospitalized in New Jersey.

Lange, 42, has been off the Howard Stern Show since December and has also canceled some of his own gigs, making many to wonder if this hospitalization is related.

Right now, the reason for his hospitalization is being withheld, but according to TMZ, he was taken over the weekend and admitted.

"I can confirm that Artie is in the hospital. Artie has chosen to keep all information on this matter between him and his doctor. There will be no further comment," a statement from his rep said.

Lange has had a history of substance abuse, and spent a short time in rehab in 2008.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Of all the ways to try and kill yourself.

Matt

Source

Artie Lange reportedly stabbed himself 9 times
'Howard Stern Show' regular discovered by mom, New York Post reports

A source close to the comic's management team confirmed the stabbing to the paper. Lange underwent surgery and was saved despite severe bleeding.

Earlier this week, Howard Stern talked about Lange's long battle with drug addiction, saying, "We all have our demons. Artie has given this show tremendous moments of great comedy. He's a tremendous contributor. He is a good man. Don't forget how great he is."

As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, Lange has been absent from the radio show in recent weeks, having left on an indefinite hiatus earlier in December.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I'm a big fan of Artie Lang, he's funny as hell. He was on the Jimmy Fallon Show within the last few months. He was drunk & high on coke & even admitted it. I haven't listened to Stern for a while, I let my subscription to Sirius go. Artie has always been a stoner. I hope he cleans up.

·
LSCN Sponsor
728 Posts
It was most of his story telling about his life that is so funny. This one is not that funny. but you know him, he will be back and somehow tell the story and make it funny.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(rerun @ Jan 7 2010, 06:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I loved Artie and the Stern show. Wish him all the best...wish it was still on terrestrial radio.

I don't. The show is 100x better on Sirius.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.