Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
There are so many boats out of commision (OOC) right now, it almost seems more logical to ask whose boat is actually running right now. But I don't want to jinx anybody

So if your boat is "OOC" right now, you can at least see who else is in the "same boat" as you, and may even say, "whew, at least mine's not THAT bad!"

So, tell us..

Boat Type -
Repair Needed -
How long she's been OOC -
Cost to repair -
ETTL- (new addition - Estimated Time To Lake - how long you think she'll be out for)

Please try to stick to the topic, and format, and no bragging that your boat works!!
However, it is okay to post if your boat was OOC this year, and is now fixed!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Boat Type - Foutain Sportfish
Repair Needed - Hydraulic Steering not working
How long she's been OOC - Since yesterday
Cost to repair - unknown, initial cost is new steering fluid, then I need to find the leak(s) . Hopefully just a part or two and it will be minor.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Sorry, I'm not bragging that my boat works.

I feel your pain on having a Boat OOC. I just got mine back on Monday after a month.

Boat Type - 1993 Regal 292 Commodore

Repair Needed - Shifter & Shift Cable for Starboard Engine

How long she's been OOC - She was down from June 28, 2003 until July 28, 2003

Cost to repair - $600.00

·
Registered
419 Posts
Type: 221 Four Winns Liberator
Repair: Possible Engine Rebuild (very likely)
OOC: Almost 3 weeks
Cost: 2k-6k depending on what is wrong

This really ruined summer
I am hoping to have it back within the month. I am supposed hear more today/tomorrow what exactly needs to be done.

I am trying to boatwhore myself for the Aug 16th fun run w/ Convincor, but if he is full, can anyone give me a lift?

·
Registered
419 Posts
QUOTE(WakinUp @ Jul 31 2003, 04:45 PM)Repair Needed - Shifter & Shift Cable for Starboard Engine
had that done over the winter only have a single screw)...missed the last week of the season b/c of that one.....

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Boat Type - 1996 Monterey 30' SEL

Repair Needed - Port engine died, no word on cause, likely needs new block. Having other work done at same time like sycronizing the shifter cables, drive trim oil leak repaired.

How long she's been OOC - Died on day of Hottiefest, so about 2 weeks.

Cost to repair - if I get out with it being 5G or less I'd feel lucky.

·
Registered
331 Posts
QUOTEQUOTE (WakinUp @ Jul 31 2003, 04:45 PM)

Repair Needed - Shifter & Shift Cable for Starboard Engine

had that done over the winter only have a single screw)...missed the last week of the season b/c of that one.....

It sucks because I hads to wait for them to do it. I don't have a trailer for her so they had to lift it out if the water. If it was and engine, I would save myself some money and do it myself. It's not hard to do if you have somewhere to do it.

Rob

·
Registered
465 Posts
Boat Type - 28' Aeromarine

Repair Needed - New cylinder heads, new pistons, bore block .030 & re-balance assy. It's a Twin-turbo motor, & I seem to blow it up every other year!

How long she's been OOC - Since Labor Day last year! Didn't start working on it until May this year. Almost done though! Should be on the water in a week or two.

Cost to repair - 5-6k so far!

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
24 ft regal commadore, fiber glass work from the storm at the moot few weeks back , that and changing zincs to magnesium , because of corrosion, on out drive hope it helps , est cost 650.00 not too bad i guess ,have had worse bills in thousands on other boat.

·
Registered
585 Posts
I feel very fortunate....28ft Wellcraft Martinque.
2 weekends ago after the airshow got stranded out by Strawberry Island...anchored overnight. Blew the Port engine starter...had to putt back to port on 1 engine. Have a really good friend who is a cert. boat mechanic...put in a new starter for $250. Now she is running like a champ!

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
Boat Type -SeaRay
Repair Needed - Coil or Distributer
How long she's been OOC -6 days
Cost to repair -??
ETTL Friday or Saturday

I hope that this is the problem.

Systems are: It runs fine until it warms up and then it starts to miss and back fire. I have checked the points, changed the plugs and wires, so my next guess is the coil!

This fall I will be putting in electronic ignition!

·
Premium Member
7,443 Posts
Wellcraft Monte Carlo
Shifter and and power steering pump malfunctioning
out of commission since Jobbie Nooner, so about a 41 days.

Repair cost? I'm hoping to stay under 1K

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well mines running at the moment but everytime I turn the key I worry.
I usually go thru a set of lifters every season. I'm really tired of that so I've got a cam on order and hopefully will only be down a weekend .
I'm just trying to make this thing more reliable. At this point I don't care if it slows down.
The boat is a 26 Scarab
Motor is a 540

Cost will probably be around $700-800

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
30 Thompson daytona
transom issues, soft around port drive, may need hole transom
down way too long, will probably be dropping off the sparky at vicious
$5k-$7k

·
Registered
331 Posts
Boat Type - Excalibur 38

Repair Needed -new rings for both engines, rockers and or lifters on port side, check for trim tab leaks, have heads done on both so far...

How long she's been OOC - Waaayyyyyy tooooo long

Cost to repair - i dont even want to think about it

Will hopefully be spashed next spring, keeping my fingers crossed.

·
LSC Raft Moderator
1,472 Posts
25 classic interseptor. Two new engine stringers, two new main stringers, new transom. Hasnt been in this year at all. Putting the engine and outdrive back on next week if all goes well. Cost ..... somewhere around 4 grand but i did most of the work myself. I hope get get al least a few trips to the Moot out of it this year.

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(Deuce-Five @ Jul 31 2003, 03:48 PM)Boat Type - 1996 Monterey 30' SEL

Repair Needed - Port engine died, no word on cause, likely needs new block. Having other work done at same time like sycronizing the shifter cables, drive trim oil leak repaired.

How long she's been OOC - Died on day of Hottiefest, so about 2 weeks.

Cost to repair - if I get out with it being 5G or less I'd feel lucky.
Duece, don't you have small blocks? A new long block is a few grand isn't it? Is the boat in the water or on land. I once pulled my 37' baja up to a seawall and had a tow truck lift one engine out and put it in my pickup bed. Drove the boat back to the well on the other engine. Brought the engine home and changed 3 pistons and 1 head (someone had the timing too far advanced, just bought the boat) and was back in the next weekend.

·
Registered
51 Posts
32' Regal Volvo drives

2 days before X-Mas in July leaving to PIB

Sinking due to bad boot. Took water in to the drive needed all new yoke assembly etc. Could have checked boot in spring for $200 or wait till leak and pay $2000.

Word of advice to all

check your boots for any wear and hardening every year they should be changed every 4 years or so.

Emerald City had me going in 24 hours... But I do have an "in" there

1 - 20 of 51 Posts